Why do you come to ET?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, Oct 9, 2003.

1. LOL...see what I mean. Entertainment Tonight! :D

-FastTrader

#11     Oct 9, 2003
  2. Borin market pastime...

#12     Oct 9, 2003
  3. same, plus every once and a while i like to think i can help some new guy out by telling him to use a freaking stop.

#13     Oct 9, 2003
  4. Moohead

Moohead

I come here because I get bored when I wait for better prices to buy and/or wait for next sucker to sell to, kinda like fishing. In regular work place, there are water cooler and coffee station, for this line of work, there's only me, my screen and the rest of you:D

#14     Oct 9, 2003
  5. because nobody I meet or interact with in person gives a shit about the market.

#15     Oct 9, 2003
  6. Amen to that.

Of course I don't care much about the occupations of my friends and neighbors either.

#16     Oct 9, 2003
  7. i hear ya, dude.

#17     Oct 9, 2003
  8. i come here to occasionally do research, when i can actually find valuable information after wading through pages of fluff.

but now its more for entertainment and to see, for the most part, how inept and inexperienced the competition is. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when I know I am going up against guys like gordon gekko, harrytrader, candletrader and some of the other resident idiots of this site.

#18     Oct 9, 2003
  9. Siwash

Siwash

I stumbled onto ET a couple of months ago,I asked a dumb newbie question,got some BS and some good advice.

Since then I have been taking the good advice,and trying to learn as much as I can, so some day I can come here because I'm bored and need to be entertained,maybe then I will join in on some of the character assassination that seems to be so popular here. By then I may be as smart and successful as some people here and not feel the need,or perhaps be too scared to reveal something that might be useful.I will just spend my time slamming newbies and rolling in the dough!!

For now I will continue to weed through all the crap and learn as much as I can from the kind people who take the time to post useful information for someone like me who wants to try and make a living from trading.

#19     Oct 9, 2003
  10. Generally in public people are looking for similar ideas - at least those one can hear not perhaps the silent majority - than theirs whereas I am looking for different ideas than mine. It is the differential that creates movement in my lazy brain even when the idea I found is an idiocy because you just inverse it and it becomes a good idea - It is how I got the embryo of my model one day :D. The problem is that people don't like to confront ideas by discussing, they want to fight instead especially when they have some kind of inferiority complex. I have met people that have brilliant ideas I will rather be willing to discuss with them even if I don't agree with their brilliant ideas - generally it is because of the premisces - they will accept a dialectical dialog where we will oppose: these are my friends because they are more truth lovers than the opposite and don't get offended because I don't agree with them. The same for my ideas, I accept dialectical arguments by those who want to oppose me - and these are then also my friends because they can help me pinpoint a problem I didn't see at first - but I don't accept personal attack that has nothing to do with that kind of arguments.

If the principle of accepting differences was accepted there would me multiple and richer ideas on a forum instead of undless gladiators fights that transform such forum into an arena. Richness is in diversity not in monotony.

#20     Oct 10, 2003