Why do you believe in such things as wedges, triangles and inverted whatevers...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Read Market Wizards and see for yourself.

From those books you will learn that there is no one approach to trading or investing, even though there are many themes that are repeated across the different styles presented.

It is however no doubt that there are plenty of traders in that book, fund managers included, that use technical analysis to form trade decisions.

From the top of my head I remember Marty Schwartz saying how he traded poorly from fundamental analysis for ten years, but after he started using technical analysis he became successful.

As for why wedges and triangles work, it can only be because they may help the trader visualize how the price action is playing out. It`s not because it is a wedge or a triangle :)

If a market is trading in a range, eventually it has to break out of that range, yes?

If price breaks out of a triangle, it simply breaks out of a range. It`s not because it is a triangle :)

That`s my take on it.

Regards,

Laissez Faire

#31     Sep 23, 2010

2. Of course you did. Barack Obama put it there.

#32     Sep 23, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey it is at least as good as blowing on a dice.

We just had an inverted whatever aka doubletop on the NDX, we shall see if it signaled the end of the rally...

#33     Sep 23, 2010
  4. What do you advocate? Fundamentals?

cheers

#34     Sep 23, 2010
  5. another after the fact poser.
    post a few realtime trades, lets see how you do

#35     Sep 23, 2010

6. Remember this image, RDT? I don't think that anything that anyone says is ever going to convince you of anything here - you've made up your mind before the thread ever began. And if you're carrying the image's impression of the Internet and its users, then its even more so impossible.

So you see, its an impasse. You can't convince us that all internet users are shitcocks and we can't convince you that TA is useful even if you were to see docs.

So where to from here, chief? As always its fun playing YOUR game. :)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#36     Sep 23, 2010

7. together with stock777's request, yes can you post some live trades please?

Show us how to paint the fence, please. :) :)

#37     Sep 23, 2010

8. something I've been wanting to ask you for a while now ...

remember when you were posting all those free fishes in the stocks forum? Also remember your thread about bonds are going to crash, sell your TLT?

Can you tell us/show us what analysis you were using - especially re: the free fishes?

thanks and regards, RDT :)

#38     Sep 23, 2010
  9. He does it everyday in the ES journal.

#39     Sep 23, 2010
  10. #40     Sep 23, 2010