Why Do We Trade? For Real.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cornix, Mar 10, 2015.

1. cornix

cornix

For successful achievement of every goal it's extremely important to have a clear understanding of that goal. What exactly you want to achieve in every detail.

Process of asking yourself this question can help motivate yourself much better as well as reveal possible embarrassments, which prevent the goal from being achieved.

In this context: why do you trade?

ras72 likes this.
  2. ... to extract the Price Discovery Premium as compensation for making buy-and-sell decisions that move prices toward rational levels.

TooOldForThis and Tavurth like this.
  3. nursebee

nursebee

Years ago I decided I wanted to FIRE and decided I needed 3M to maintain lifestyle, grow principle, account for inflation. I(we) can do this next month but the confidence in the comfort level (excess monthly/yearly funds) is not quite enough so we are waiting for 1.5 yrs or 4M whichever comes first.

Successful trading (investing) has shortened the length of time needed to FIRE.

Cornyx, ya really ought to spill ur own beans on this also.

SmokingAces likes this.
  4. cornix

cornix

What about the goal for you as a person associated with trading?

5. cornix

cornix

So the goal is money, which can provide enough passive income to sustain desired lifestyle, correct?

When the goal is reached, would you stop to trade?

6. nursebee

nursebee

7. FUN, CHALLENGE-------- but I think the proper question here is why do we choose "short term trading" to build wealth-- when there are far easier and proven ways? real estate or dry cleaning biz for example...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    TooOldForThis likes this.
  8. cornix

cornix

9. xandman

xandman

Most are better of indexing. But, the endorphins are similar to gambling and other addictions.

Arnie Guitar and cornix like this.
  10. cornix

cornix

Fun from what exactly? Analysis, uncertainty of outcome, profits, proving yourself something? Or none of the above?

#10     Mar 10, 2015