Why do we need a 400 million a pop F-22 jet to blow up camels?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, May 7, 2012.

1. Did we know they were developing a missile that could shoot down satellites? They are in the process of building up. And India I believe is working on a stealth fighter as well. IMO it is better to stay ahead of the curve. You keep ignoring the fact that there is a bunch of worthless, purposeless garbage that we could cut right now without downgrading our defense at all. So many agencies, grants, programs, public funding of private companies, foreign aid, entitlements, mathematically unsustainable govt pensions, government pay and bennies, govt jobs etc., it is a very long list.. the F-22 is somewhere near the bottom.

#51     May 9, 2012
  2. China and Russia spend around 100 billion a year on defense and nobody fucks with them,we spend 700 billion

We have enough nukes to destroy the world and nearly half of US households own a gun.This country is safe without having to spend 700 billion a year on the military industrial complex

Before Bush increased the defense budget from 300 billion to 700 billion we were safe with Clinton only spending 300 billion a year

#52     May 9, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

No additional F-22 aircraft are going to be purchased so the entire point of this thread is moot. The money was spent long ago and the production line dismantled like 2 years ago.

There may be a retrofit of the O2 system but aside from that there is no money being spent.

ET is such a riot. The only guy in here that knows the rubber side goes down and the shiny side goes up is Lucrum.

#53     May 9, 2012
  4. Ok like I said earlier, the military budget should be cut as well.. I just don't agree with the raptor. It is without equal and it is important to national defense. What do u think about cutting all the other shit out of the budget?

I find it strange that dems are so eager to slash defense spending but they want universal healthcare, new agencies for every crime, the taxpayer to buy contraception for everyone etc.. it is mostly all useless waste.

#54     May 9, 2012
  5. I'm cool with the raptor.We can go back to Clinton's 300 billion dollar defense budget and still buy nice toys like the raptor.Its wars,playing world police ,occupying other nations and having bases in other nations that needs to be cut

I agree with cutting a bunch of other budget shit as well.Cut 1 dollar from defense,1 dollar from welfare /social /government agency spending,raise taxes 1 dollar until the budget is balanced

#55     May 9, 2012
  6. Uhh, turn the shiny side up like the rest of us then genius.

You're right ET is a riot.

#56     May 9, 2012
  7. Hola,

I am retarted (makes me a good trader--I follow my trading plan; you know, like a special-needs worker in a restaurant kitchen).

What does this 'rubber' reference mean?

Thanks pimps! Interesting thread--lots of good viewpoints.

peace

Hedvig

#57     May 9, 2012
  8. Where the hell is nutmeg when he's needed?

#58     May 9, 2012
  9. He'll be around later to humiliate me.

: )

He replied to a post or two of mine recently, if memory serves.

peace

Hedvig

#59     May 9, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I recommend not flying on the airlines then, because that's exactly what you're breathing while on board.

#60     May 9, 2012