Why do We Make Trading so Difficult?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. If you are trading Equities, why not just set up a watchlist and if you miss opprotunities on one stock, just move on to the other instead of just waiting for something on one specific stock... seems like a wiser thing to do.

If you are trading Futures, well, then I guess that could be a problem.

#21     Mar 31, 2006
  2. bitrend

bitrend

For excitement and lose money. :D

#22     Mar 31, 2006
  3. Qyu

Qyu

If he's trading for that reason then he's better off going to Vegas. At least you get comped for your stay and meals. Not to mention the girls there are easy on the eyes. ;)

#23     Mar 31, 2006

4. What were you doing looking over my shoulder (and reading my mind)?

#24     Mar 31, 2006
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#25     Mar 31, 2006
  6. Why do We Make Trading so Difficult?
    For losers, it ain't.
    Only winning is darn difficult, but that's not a topic to be discussed in a psycho thread.
    :cool:

#26     Mar 31, 2006
  7. What a lousy trading day so far..

Market's basically range bound ..

trying to stay patient..

#27     Mar 31, 2006
  8. Trading is difficult if you make it difficult. Just go with the trend. The trend is your friend. If the market is strong then you want to find strong stocks to get long and vice versa. Is just how you find the entry/exit point that matters.

#28     Mar 31, 2006
  9. It's unlikely that you're going to get responses that will be of much help unless you explain your "plan for reversals". The problem is very likely with your plan, not with discipline (though it could be both). If your plan has problems, then your unconscious is likely telling you not to follow it.

#29     Mar 31, 2006
  10. bitrend

bitrend

Happy to see you back. Since we didn't see your posts during the past weeks, I was wondering whether everything here makes sense or not. But it doesn't seem that everything is ok. Your presence confirms that ET and Market continue having nonsense. That's the reason why we need you (no-nonsense) to correct us from being ridiculous. :D

#30     Mar 31, 2006