Why do we have the Senate and house of represenatives?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 3, 2009.

1. We dont need these people anymore. The senate and the house of representatives were establish 200 years ago when people could not haul there asses to Washinton DC to vote on stuff so we elected them to speak for us. We dont need that anymore. We can just put a bill on the internet and we cant vote. Its very simple...put a bill or something on the internet, you enter your Social security number, press 1 for yes or 2 for no and voila!

Doing this would end corruption because these large companies could not lobby Everyone to vote for their bills that are blatently designed to hurt the taxpayer and make themselves profit.

So why do we still have the senate and house of rep.?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Few are as anti congress as I am.

In principle may not be an entirely bad idea. Although obviously it'll never happen.
    In fact I think term limits have a better chance relatively speaking.

First problem that comes to mind, who is going to introduce bills to be voted on?

3. Are u serious???

That would b the globalists DREAM.

Let's go digital. If Ol Joe Stalin were alive he would only need his mouse.

U do remember what Stalin said, right?

4. Well now that i think about it...why do we need bills? Cant we just let the markets be free with out all this political interference?

5. Not really...i dont speak russian.

6. Two words: Bernie and Madoff
    Two more words: Sub and Prime
    Two more words.....ehh u get the point.

7. LOL, figures.

“It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”

8. TGregg

TGregg

Because democracies suck. While you may have learned in school that the US is a democracy (if there was time left after the Mother Gia videos, Heather has two Mommies lectures and Vagina Monologues) - it's not. It's a republic (or constitutionally empowered democratic republic as I like to say). The Founding Fathers had a great deal to say about why they picked a republic. Go check it out. An hour of reading that and you'll have more political knowledge than 90% of voters.