Why do traders fail?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tradester123, Sep 10, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Why do traders fail?

Because they trade against the trend.

#21     Sep 11, 2013
  2. There is something in this data that is overlooked I think. I would suggest that traders generally hold on to the trade for too long, winning or losing.

Since march, I have a win rate on the EUR/USD of 100%. I haven't lost a single trade. However, in every case I have watched as the trade goes against me substantially before becoming a trade which I then exit in my favor. Now, what if it goes against me indefinitely never bouncing back in my favor? Do I hang on for a loss which is substantially greater than all of my wins? In other words, despite my positive trade percentage, did I ever correctly select the right trade or was I just stubborn and hung on long enough until it ended in my favor?

This begs the question: when looking at your data, is the positive trade rate of 55% on the EUR/USD a true representation of what the trader has actually selected? Are they in fact guilty of selecting the wrong trade far more than 45% AND failing to exit quickly when the realize it was the wrong trade?

#22     Sep 11, 2013
  3. In other words can I really call it a winning trade if I say, "Hey I hope this goes in my favor in the short term, but if it doesn't I'll hang on to the trade until it does go in my favor?" This is by the way a very effective way to get a positive trade ratio until of course the trade goes badly against you and cleans you out.

#23     Sep 11, 2013
  4. Lack of DISCIPLINE.

#24     Sep 12, 2013

5. Interesting !

#25     Sep 12, 2013
  6. sumfuka

sumfuka

I dunno; maybe just maybe... it could be.... BAD LUCK :(

#26     Sep 12, 2013
  7. the NO.1 reason is: they are too eager to make money .

the No.2 reason is the same: they lack of patience

wealth build needs several steps:

first one: small/gradual. few lucky ones may make overnight rag to rich but rare!

then after a while, you are stong enough to endure any turbance since you do not need that money for living. you can makelots of mistake, but that will not hurt you any more.

from there, expolive growth,exponetional....

the hardest is the first step, since you just have little money, little experience, ... one mistake, you are dead.

plan each trade
    almost make sure each is 100% right.

actually it is very easy to realzie those two goals: be patient.

wait there until themoment comes,then all in!

#27     Sep 12, 2013
  8. emg

emg

#28     Sep 12, 2013
  9. emg

emg

#29     Sep 12, 2013
  10. emg

emg

#30     Sep 12, 2013