Why do traders blame their firms for not succeeding?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RichSohn, Jun 17, 2003.

1. ahh yes
    when you deal with a shiathole like worldco for example, you get fuked ....anyone else will do

the great thing about worldco is that they are smart enough to con the new crops from the ivy league schools for us to take thier
    dough:D :D :D :cool: :D :D :D and make no mistake, you ivy league geeks, we "regular folks" take your dough

#71     Jul 31, 2003
  2. Please have some style and don't name companies...

In general, if prop businesses have some "techniques proven to be profitable" why do they require traders to bring in capital? Why traders turnover is so high? Why if you walk in a prop shop you feel like being in a turkey farm just before Thanksgiving?

#72     Aug 1, 2003
  3. The capital requirement is standard procedure so that prop firms protect themselves from potential losses. This is understandable. Trader turnover is high because of lack of discipline, lack of proper training, outrageous commissions or a combination of all three.

--Unknown Poker Player

#73     Aug 1, 2003
  4. very interesting attitude you got there. sounds like you've got some major issues with that firm as well as ivy league traders. do i smell a hint of jealousy? i, for one, know many guys who made a lot of money while at the firm you mentioned without much complaints. you must have lost money while you were there and are probably the type of trader this whole thread is directed at.

sorry for your jadedness. you seem like you need some help.

#74     Aug 1, 2003
  5. ok, my hunch was right. i read some of your archived posts. you did indeed join worldco, and you did indeed lose money while you traded there.

why bash the firm? wasn't it your fault that you weren't a good trader during your employment there?

i just don't understand why people have to do this sort of thing like bash firms on public message boards out of personal gripe.

very unprofessional and simply immature.

#75     Aug 1, 2003