Why do traders blame their firms for not succeeding?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RichSohn, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Give it to OTL - he calls a spade a spade

RichSohn....are you too stubborn to admit that there have been serious problems at WorldCo?

#51     Jun 19, 2003
  2. tjuggler

tjuggler

What is the longest that you have been able to stay at one place before wearing out your welcome?

#52     Jun 19, 2003
  3. Often prop firms rush people into trading. Prop firms only care about commission and making money in the S/T. I do not feel sorry for many prop firms going under... Their managers never wanted to be in for the long haul in the first place. Many of these managers are a bunch or cheap, lying things. They can go to hell...

#53     Jun 19, 2003
  4. A farmer would say that you can dance in the pig pen all you want in that suit, and still go to the wedding, but don't come to the wedding if there were pigs in the pen....:D

simply put, blame has to be shared equally when people actually put their money on the line, believing all the reassurances that they are told,

in the training that they would receive....,
    in the success of the other traders in residence at that firm/in that office....,
    in the sales pitch that convinced them to go through the licensing process....,
    in the effort put forth and the circumstantial failed results that came about....,

after all, go telling your backers that you lost their $5,000; $15,000; $25,000 and have nothing to show for it and see it your suit will be clean enough to go to that wedding....

hey, simply put, there's enough ......... to go around

#54     Jun 19, 2003

5. LMFAO!!!!!!!

it' s only these damn prop firms who care about making commissions????????? cmon man Open your eyes....Every firm that offers any trading is in it for one thing :$$$$$$$

the ratail guys probably rush traders even more because ITS NOT THEIR MONEY AT RISK FOR THE COMMISSION.

#55     Jun 19, 2003
  6. G-Man

G-Man

I would prefer that the moderator got rid of people like yourself first. :D

#56     Jun 19, 2003
  7. VOLUME

VOLUME

"I would never blame a regular discount retail firm for losing money, But that isn't what we are talking about here, these are essentially "full service" firms, since they sell advice and trading methods and solicit people to follow their advice.

if I 100% followed the advice of a full service broker who churned me and I went broke , I would blame him, and I would seek a lawyer to help me get my money back.

if I 100% followed the trading advice of a guy running a prop firm who told me to churn and I went broke, I would blame him and I would seek a lawyer to help me get my money back"-DotSlashFuture

Firms are in business to MAKE MONEY....if you trade and lose, IT'S YOUR FAULT...not the owner who gave you a sales pitch about how "we will teach you to trade". If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.
    It's parasites like you that sue everybody else for your own mistakes. Were you the guy who sued McDonalds for making the coffee too hot? People like you should take responsibility for their own failures and move on in life....not blame and sue everyone for your own stupidity.
    Volume

#57     Jun 19, 2003
  8. G-Man

G-Man

And what makes you believe there are serious problems at Worldco??? There is so much BS all over these boards, sometimes you have to wonder who your sources are, what their agenda is, and decide what to believe for yourself. Unfortunately, even then you might be misguided.

#58     Jun 19, 2003
  9. kirkland runs a billybad shop with powerful tools and a bunch of go getters making coin... HES NOT THERE to get markups on bullets, ssviolations and whatever else nickle and dime antics

#59     Jun 19, 2003
  10. Corporate spook-speak follows (must have been tough to trade with all that training going on):

"Mr. Ramoutar spearheaded the development of TrainToTrade, which was the first company to offer training for all levels of traders on a worldwide scale, while eliminating many barriers to entry. Through Mr. Ramoutar's endeavors TrainToTrade won the coveted Forbes Magazine “Best of the Web” for 2000."

Is the first course PottyTrading? Not "many barriers to entry".

:D

#60     Jun 19, 2003