Why do traders blame their firms for not succeeding?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RichSohn, Jun 17, 2003.

1. reg

reg

In the second scenario, I would also smack the kid on the head and tell him he is stupid.
    In fact, I'd probably smack his dad's head for having raised such a stupid kid. One must really be a moron to not be able to tell the difference between a good prop firm and a bad one.
    Use your head and take responsibility, that's all.

#41     Jun 19, 2003
  2. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

You're absolutely hysterical. ROTFLMFAO!! Perusing through your posts and their timestamps is even funnier.

Go ahead PTR tell me another one. You do standup too? :)

#42     Jun 19, 2003
  3. you are correct, there are a lot of scams out there, but that doesn't mean that they are no longer to be viewed as bad, or that the perpetrators are innocent.

If somebody scams you , do you say "oh good show mate ! you sure got me !"...I seriously doubt it.

#43     Jun 19, 2003
  4. I know that discussing this isn't going to change anything, because if the people running the firms gave a shit, they would have setup their businesses differently to begin with.

this thread is strictly for the more naive among us. All the valid points have been laid out, if a person reads this thread and goes to a rip off firm, then at least they were warned.

#44     Jun 19, 2003
  5. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Bravo ./ , bravo!

#45     Jun 19, 2003
  6. I know what a place Worldco is, I've worked there. I'm just saying that we are free individuals and can make decisions. I don't understand those that complain about how bad a firm is and still stay there, and then try and blame the firm for their woes.

And everytime you post it's an attack on someone.

#46     Jun 19, 2003
  7. whose attacking a firm and staying there?
    its about giving a heads up to new traders

#47     Jun 19, 2003
  8. If any prop firm gaurantees success or a high probability of success. Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no gaurantees in this business. There is a low success rate, but those who make it, make good money, and some make decent money, but better then they would at any other job. Most traders fail not due to lack of knowledge, but because they do have the phsyche for this job. Plain and simple.

#48     Jun 19, 2003

9. Look, some people actually have had good experiences with firms we've had bad experiences with. So you can't attack everyone that tries to tout that firm. Just leave it be. There is enough info on this board for someone to figure out which firms are good, and which one's are bad. But the constant attacks on this board just make reading boring after awhile cause you know how the conversation is going to go. Almost every thread in this section becomes a royal rumble till the moderator finnally closes it.

#49     Jun 19, 2003
  10. What and incredible thread.... I have not seen so much emotion on either side in a long time.....One thing to consider though:

Was anyone complaining about Prop firms from 1995-2000???

If the market was still soaring Im sure many more traders would be content to take a lower payout and higher commissions and trade someone elses $$....but the market forced a lot of adjustments to both the trader and the firms.

#50     Jun 19, 2003