Why do trader forums hold work ethics in such high regard?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Debaser82, Aug 19, 2009.

1. All they do is sit on their ass eating piza and drinking coke.:)

"The US needs to rebuilt it's manufacturing base..."

"All those lazy kids will drag this country into the ground"

When they are contributing nothing themself to solve the problem they so strongly like to point out?

Why not just admit: 'Just as lazy as the next fat fuck I just hope to have found a loophole in the system.'

:)

2. maxpi

maxpi

I wonder if any have plans to do anything great with their money when they hit the big time... I do, there are always business opportunities that are win-wins for all involved... one person with a good idea can make a BIG difference for an entire nation or at least a segment of it... God doesn't entrust large sums of money to fools, something to think about for the foolish here that want to make it...

3. I think it's really cool that you know what God does and doesn't do. Next time you speak to Him, tell Him he hasn't returned any of my calls. (The spiritual can be so rude.)

4. Are you familiar with the name Madoff?

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Even if that is true, to answer your question in the title, to be consistently profitable in the long run actually involves hard principle, stamina, sticking to rules,etc. Things that come with good work ethics...

6. 3121

that's pretty funny :p

7. maxpi

maxpi

God was patient with him but he had to give it up... his money trickled down to real people too.. saying "God doesn't trust money to fools" is overly simplistic on my part...

8. cuttin'

cuttin'

Haven't hit "big time" yet, but I have made some in excess of what I need so I have invested with a privately held company that deals with Autism related disorders. It's an issue close to me. I think it is a greater use of these resources than giving it to the govt to piss the fck away.

9. They need a little motivation.

When I was a kid, I understood that if I didn't work, I didn't eat. (Hunger is a great motivator... :>) A little of that would be an epiphany.