Why do these idiots not give a rats arse about price of oil

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sky123987, May 16, 2008.

1. he's right, majority of jobs can't be done from home

seriously what percent of current jobs can be done remotely, without being outsourced?

unless you talk about jobs which require the employee to sometimes go to work but not all the time, like 50%-75% telecommutable

what is important for a company is cost reduction while keeping the same work flow, it's not like they are going to go; ah, no matter what we will hire US citizens, even if they cost more and can't get the work done as fast

#21     May 18, 2008

2. Its the OIL establishment, not the sources of energy that is causing problems. There is no one to reign in these bastards.

#22     May 18, 2008
  3. vikasd

vikasd

Intraday movements in oil futures indicate that it is driven by speculation not demand. Look at thursday, oil dropped $2 for no reason and closed close to open. Do you think the world demand or supply changed in such a short time period?

The best way to bring oil prices down is to provide an alternate investment to the traders; not alternate energy.

#23     May 18, 2008
  4. Dad, my drug habit is making me broke. It's your fault though because everything would be OK if you just opened up my college fund to help me buy a little more crack.

#24     May 18, 2008
  5. that might be the most foolhardy argument I've ever read!

#25     May 18, 2008
  6. Just buy oil futures or OIL etf as a hedge

#26     May 18, 2008