Why do the academic guys hate Technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 0008, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Idiot, what is wrong with you???? You have absofuckinglutely no idea what you are talking about, so you might as well shut up. I am in acedemia, I also manage a hedge fund, and so far YOU are paying for my brand new sports car.
    What you don't realize is that you are not in the real trenches, you are in a little 3' by 5' ditch that you dug up in your backyard while playing war when you were a kid. The real trenches are out of your reach and it is the REAL battles in those REAL trenches that the academics are concerned with.

#21     Nov 25, 2002
  2. Make sure it's not manure you are trying to barbeque.
    There are enough nutrient left in it :D But b/c you survive living on it doesn't mean the cow left smth that it shouldn't have and that markets aren't efficient.
    Bon Appetit anyhow. Just brush your teeth afterwards.

#22     Nov 25, 2002
  3. You are a legend only in your own mind ruski:p

Glad to hear you finally managed to raise the 25K. (who were the suckers??:p

i new that..hehe..i am totally rediculous:p

#23     Nov 25, 2002
  4. Dummie, keep trading and encourage your friends to do the same. The more of you, the better for me.
    I'm not Russian, you moron, secondly, 25k? You have no idea...
    You have also just earned a proud spot on my ignore list :D Aren't ya proud of yourself??? At a boy. Keep thowing eggs at the passing cars out of your little backyard ditch and thinking that you are a war hero attacking <b>real enemy tanks</b> :eek:

#24     Nov 25, 2002

5. yeah i new(sic) that, you are worth several billion right out of junior college..congrats ...HA!:D

now..hurry.. go trade your pairs you dimwit:D

see you when you grow up junior...(if you wise up)

#25     Nov 25, 2002
  6. what fund do you manage ??

best,

surf:)

cars are trinkets--- gene simmons

#26     Nov 25, 2002
  7. hey vlad..how's warren?

#27     Nov 25, 2002
  8. I primarily do overnight positions in large cap stocks, with some additions strategies in ETFs and a little dabbling in options. We are growing quite rapidly and are beginning to suffer from the scale so I might have to explore other more long term approaches...

#28     Nov 25, 2002

9. hahaha...yeah that's a bitch:D

#29     Nov 25, 2002
  10. thanks for the response. is your fund > 10m ?? are you based in america ?? what is your academic background ?? i am curious since i have a small fund and am always interested in speaking with brethern.

best,

surf :)

#30     Nov 25, 2002