Why do some people have (multiple) aliases in ET?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Apr 8, 2004.

1. The picture I get in my mind is that of a guy sitting alone in his room carrying on a conversation with his hand puppet.

2. i don't know but it's gotta stop.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you ever figure it out, let me know. But it is a simple way of separating the serious from the frivolous (which isn't to say that everybody with only one name is serious . . . ).

4. yeah, something must be done.

5. Pabst

Pabst

LOL. I still say FPC was funnier.

6. For some reason, Baron is very content with the fact that ET allows for aliases. Unfortunately, it is my opinion that this leads to a degradation of ET, and breeds a level of mediocrity that is just a cut above a Yahoo Message Board.

The question is:

Why is Baron content with this level of mediocrity?

7. Perhaps the number of registered users out weighs the level of mediocrity? ( financially speaking )

8. Sulong, I would have to assume that you are correct in your assessment.

The fact that Baron has never specifically addressed this tells me that what you say is indeed true.

However, it would be nice to hear from Baron.
    What say you Baron???

Is there in fact a financial reason why you allow aliases to permeate ET?

9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

As long as people are having fun......who is to say having multiple aliases is a bad thing??????:D

10. So I guess ET is all about entertainment value and not about making money?

Gee, and I thought that this wasn't a Yahoo Message Board . . . Sorry, my mistake!

#10     Apr 8, 2004