why do some orders not get filled?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by IronFist, May 9, 2021.

1. I had a limit tonight on Dogecoin before Saturday Night Live. When price tanked, it passed my limit (limit was barely .47, price went a bit below that) but my order never filled. Then it went back above.

2. tayte

tayte

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bucket shop

"
    Definition of bucket shop

...a dishonest brokerage firm especially : one that formerly failed to execute customers' margin orders in expectation of making a profit from market fluctuations adverse to the customers' interests
    "
    [​IMG]

Apologetik likes this.
  3. VicBee

VicBee

I was just listening to a YouTube guy explaining that he too was buying/selling Dogecoin on Robinhood right before/during SNL but his sell orders took 20 minutes to fill. Apparently RH and others (he mentioned Webull) were throttling sell side.

4. JSOP

JSOP

This is what happens when you are dealing with Payment for Order Flows. Your orders are internalized by the market maker and not traded on central exchanges where orders are instantly matched when the price matches. With market makers, you never know what can happen.

This kind of s*** happens all the time in retail forex, orders with prices exactly matching the NBBO not get filled, orders got requoted... Looks like the same s*** is plaguing the rest of the asset markets too now.

Amatrue and VicBee like this.
  5. In the first post I was talking about a buy order.