Why do so many even try....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rimshaker, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Deptrai

Deptrai

I agree with cool. It is better to try and fail, then to never try at all. Sure, 99% eventually fail. Since I am a forex trader, I know that my profits come from that 99% that fail. There have been many times when I have seen some bad reasoning for trades by forex traders here, but I have decided to keep my mouth shut. There is nothing that you or I can do to help them.

#21     Nov 21, 2005
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

exactly - and what is the problem? did you ever hear that the lower the entry barrier for a business - the higher the failure rate? what about opening a restaurant - selling food to people - everybody has to eat - so how hard can it ever be to make money with a retaurant?? do you know the failure rate here - not much lower than in trading i'd say.

what is the problem with the low entry barrier and the high failure rate in trading (as long as one only hurts himself ...)? if you are old enough and want to spend time and money on it - then try it - if you fail because you are not good enough or find out it's not the right thing for you - fine - quit before you lose it all. if it wouldn't be this way it wouldn't be that attractive.

#22     Nov 22, 2005
  3. Verdais

Verdais

Trading really isn't that hard. Frustrating... yes. Discouraging... yes. But hard? Hmmm... Becoming a doctor is hard. Becoming a nuclear engineer, that's hard. Learning how to do basic math and apply minor self-control? That should be easy, but for some reason when you dangle the possibility of a bunch of money in front of people's faces all sense goes out the window. I love that everyone and their brother tries trading. Bring on the idiots! Get more losers in the market! Saturate this thing with a bunch of deep-pocketed morons who are supremely overconfident.

Whoever on here was saying that we need a washout to get all of the scrubs out of the market doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. That washout has happened to my product and it sucks. All the fish are dead, so all you have left are sharks. For the first time, trading has become work. Although, making money now fills me with a warm glow knowing that I have knocked another group of market-makers on their asses as oppossed to taking some poor saps retirement money.

#23     Nov 22, 2005