Why do so many Christians and Jews ignore the words of Jesus and Moses?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Anytime you are doing something for somebody else you are following the golden rule. People do that everywhere, maybe moreso in Christian and Jewish cultures, maybe not.

Jesus didn't invent the golden rule btw. It was around before him. The Aaronic priesthood got really pissed at him when he summed up the law and the prophets in the golden rule because He took away their corner on the wisdom market, the golden rule was simple commoner stuff that anybody could do... he actually announced the end of Aaron's priesthood's validity, they didn't get it of course.

I've known a complete psychopath. He really hated Christianity and Christians [unless they were buying a round]. He would look for examples of bad behavior by Christians everywhere and of course... that's what he found... exceeding the speed limit, saying something dumb, etc.. he could find it everywhere and it was his reason for not converting... After awhile I just told him to get lost, that's probably one more reason in his sick book, not my problem...

#11     Mar 19, 2009
  2. If you understood christianity you would understand why.

#12     Mar 19, 2009
  3. The reason they don't is that these organizations are social networks. They no longer serve the purpose of salvation of the soul. People join these organizations for social networking. They may or may not believe the rules of the organization. If they can fake it until their objectives are met, then that is all that matters.

Religious organizations are no different than college fratenities or sororities, freemasonry, elks, eastern stars, american legion, democrats, republicans, libertarians, greenpeace, green party, IBM, ATT, girl scouts, big brothers, 4H, Sisters of the American Revolution, Ivy league.......

I think you get my point.

#13     Mar 19, 2009
  4. You can include Islam if you want. If their scriptures stand in support of commanding the Golden Rule, and if they do not follow the Golden Rule, then the same applies to Muslims ignoring the words of Moses.

Most don't talk much about Islam following the law of Moses.

#14     Mar 19, 2009
  5. Not all religious organizations have lost the spirit of their parent religion.

Many do emphasize following the Golden Rule, both in preaching in their deeds.

The thread asks why do so many (not all) Christians ignore the words of Jesus, and why do so many Jews igore the teaching of Moses...

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  6. Since you appear to be putting yourself as an expert or as someone who "understands" Christianity (yes, with a capital C) then why don't you explain it to me?

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. Since you made this assertion, the onus of proof is on you. Name an organization where the majority of it's members follow the spirit of it's teachings.

"ye shall know a tree by it's fruit"

#17     Mar 19, 2009
  8. http://www.bahai.org/

Buddhists are pretty consistent.

The majority of Nuns and Preists in the Catholic Church act according to their rap.

The Torah Jews follow their scriptures closely.

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. I am not the ignorant one that's why. I know the answer.

If you want an answer go find it. It's fairly simple. One of the basis tenets of Christianity.

#19     Mar 19, 2009
  10. You sound like an expert in Scientology.

As to your false claims on my involvement in Scientology...that is just par for the course of your never ending false claims...

#20     Mar 19, 2009