Why do "profitable" traders take the time to train people remotely and for a fee?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by monty21, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Those are low payouts... so obviously for profit. Not many professional trader's would give up ~50% of their profits (unless they are extremely highly capitalized and there was no risk)

#31     Apr 23, 2009
  2. Yea the book was mostly relevant to when stocks traded in fractions. I was making a point about his big losing day... It was a bestseller at one point though.

I don't know who rcanflield & ilk are

#32     Apr 23, 2009
  3. Do you have any idea what the really big "educator" operations earn annually? Again, there are only a small handful of those for the same general reasons only a small percentage of traders earn seven, eight and nine figures annually.

Some of the educators out there are people who have reached the levels of knowledge and success that 99% of the collective alias' here would be thrilled to achieve. There are ways to tell which ones know a thing or two worth learning versus those who still don't have a clue.

#33     Apr 23, 2009
  4. rcanfield before = traderzones now. you're a mod, paw thru the history of this site and make your own determinations about who to hang out with :cool:

#34     Apr 23, 2009
  5. He has over 3,000 posts already then

#35     Apr 23, 2009
  6. they all say two things: kill the ET spammers, or trading is a fool's game and everyone here who thinks they have a chance to succeed are fools.

pretty much split down the middle, bi-polar

#36     Apr 23, 2009
  7. Shagi

Shagi

Traders Trade ...Teachers Teach

Very few teachers have the ability to put into practice what they teach hence they teach. Those few that can are probably the best in the industry and teach for fun. Those that can't do it for a living, nothing wrong here either.

Same like a professor in medicine/engineering/business. For those with a college education you will know want I mean.

So it does not mean every teacher is rubbish.. you get very good teachers but cant practice for variuos reasons

#37     Apr 23, 2009
  8. There not profitable traders, they say they are, but there not. That’s why they sponge off new and frustrated traders.

Have you ever seen a 1099 from any one of these so called professional traders charging $400.00 per month to tag along with there great wisdom.

Show me a 1099.

#38     Apr 23, 2009
  9. why... do you then promise to join unconditionally?

#39     Apr 23, 2009
  10. Shagi

Shagi

I agree most trading teachers lie that they are profitable.. ..my point is there are good trading teachers and the really good ones do not teach to make an extra buck or two, but rather they enjoy the process. There is a diffrenec here with some idiot who promises to make you 2 zigallion dollars in 2 weeks and then requires you to pay $200 to show you how to do it. come on guys you actually pay for that?

#40     Apr 23, 2009