Why do people trade ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kicking, Apr 5, 2009.

1. for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#31     Aug 8, 2009
  2. You should expand your horizon, so you can profit from slavery and chaos, who needs beacon of freedom without darkness, be a true capitalist, you shall have both world.

#32     Aug 8, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I trade for a number or reasons. The main one is that Work Is Nonprofit, that is what WIN stands for... work also is a tremendous headache, in the corporate world, if some black biatch doesn't like you you aren't shit, if some idiot wants to bully you, you aren't shit, etc... as a trader, screw it, I can go kick the living shit out of some wanker, make bail and be back earning some long coin the next day.. and people that have long coin don't need credit, so one less thing to think about.. and people with long coin have a paid for residence and people with a paid for residence have one less thing to think about and people with enough money to live on for the rest of their lives have one less thing to think about, I trade because it frees me from things to think about... you could drop me anywhere on the planet that has wifi with nothing but a Bowie knife and a laptop and I'd be earning some long coin in twenty minutes...

#33     Aug 8, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

FWIW

Because I absoultly relish acknowledging, and accepting the fact of just how much I do not know – every day, day in and day out, week over week

Provides me an opportunity to learn (profit) every day :)

Regards

RN

#34     Aug 9, 2009
  5. you could drop me anywhere on the planet that has wifi with nothing but a Bowie knife and a laptop and I'd be earning some long coin in twenty minutes...

---------classic. I love it. The entire post was good -the last line..:D

Rambo :D

#35     Aug 9, 2009
  6. I second that motion! I will never ever work again for a "boss" in my lifetime. Maybe its my A type personality that drives me to lead and not follow. Maybe its the fact that I can work whatever days and hours are comfortable/beneficial to me. Maybe its the fact that I can work at my own pace without wondering if my employer(in the past) will hand me a pink slip the next day. For those of us that have managed to achieve trading success thru hard work and perseverence, it doesn't get any better than this.

Im a college dropout(class of 91..NOT!), which was a big let down for me. I was always falling behind in school( Im a slow learner) always getting Cs Ds and a few Fs from elemenatry thru highschool, and college bcuz I just couldnt keep up the pace with the other students. hence my dream of getting a degree in Finance went up in smoke.

In my late twenties, i got into real estate after moving down from Wash D.C. to Miami. Thats was when i got my first taste of being my own "boss"/ indep contractor as a realtor. Did well but always hated the sales aspect of real estate..alot of bullshitting goes on between realtor and client(s), im sure you all know. In 2004 I got out of real estate and noticed the growing industry of daytrading although Im sure you all realize how far it has gotten in terms of technology and resources in the last 5-6 yrs.

As we all can attest..daytrading is mother&% &^%*ing HARD when you are first starting out and have so much to learn. Hell, its still difficult for me now, mainly bcuz of managing stress/anxiety levels( I take a half a Xanax every morning). But I worked my ass off, kept a daily journal of what the market did everyday and why it acted the way it did. Studied price action, volume, patterns, etc. And after the first few months of losses(over 15k) bcuz of stupid rookie mistakes(like having a position open during FOMC meeting :(, and not using or forgetting to place stops ), I learned from my mistakes and gradually started to profit on a consistent basis.

For those who are still trying to get achieve consistent, positive results,.....dont give up!, be patient!( Roman empire wasn't built in one day you know!, study, practice, study, practice!

If a slow learning, school struggling person like me can make it with a "Lil Train That Could" attitude, then I think anyone can. Just believe in yourself !!

I trade ES and NQ minis mainly, and agricultural minis on occasion.

#36     Aug 9, 2009
  7. With US passport you cannot escape US tax, even when you live 12 months a year in another country. If you want to keep the passport, you have to keep paying tax. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! :cool:

#37     Aug 9, 2009
  8. You may also deduct losses from taxes.
    So I've been told.

I'm a foreigner, and pay relatively low taxes.

#38     Aug 10, 2009