Why Do People Trade when the Failure Rate is So High?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockgirl, Aug 29, 2006.

1. The notion of more regulation is complete crap. I believe that government needs to get out of our lives and let us live.

The FED....get rid of them. Who are they to determine that too much growth is bad! We end up paying a hell of a price to have "moderate" growth.

SEC....they take down a few small fish, but never really go after the big time illegal shit that happens. How about the firms that let hedge funds fleece their small investors by allowing fund timing.

Sarbanes Oxley --- another nightmare...keeps the accountants and lawyers rich.

Lawyers...shoot them all. They didn't need attorney's in the wild west, because if you screwed someone over you'd end up dead. That's one hell of a deterent. Back then your word was your bond, and that's all that was needed.

Judges....make decisions about right and wrong....not your job to make new law.

Taxes -- How about taxing buffet, gates and those other rich bastards. The middle class pay all the taxes, and do all the work. We are indentured servants..if you think not...try not paying taxes! How about that Theresa Heinz Kerry....made 10 million and paid 1 million in taxes. You have got to be kidding me... someone who makes 200k pays in damn near 100k in taxes. COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

The welfare state....nothing worse then a few lazy bastards spending their time drinking and reproducing more lazy bastards that live off the hard work of the middle class.

I could go on...but I'll leave it at that. I've got to work out, just writing this paragraph has got my blood boiling.

#41     Aug 29, 2006

2. I misspoke. I don't know any women who know what a tire iron is. How bout that picture...preferably you in a bikini...holding a tire iron. :D

#42     Aug 29, 2006
  3. if you dont like trading, leave. I trade cause it is a fun hobby. Stocks go up and I make $$ and stocks go dow and I lose $$.

#43     Aug 29, 2006
  4. even dumb a$$ women traders know how to search the internet: mad:

#44     Aug 29, 2006

5. I never said you were a dumb ass woman. So what do you trade?

#45     Aug 29, 2006
  6. I can't think of too many other businesses where you can start with just a few thousand dollars.

-Low barriers to entry
    -The lure of a fast education
    -Infomericals/Wade Cook type guys, etc
    -The lure of simplicity (buy when the light is green, sell when it's red!!)
    -Tremendous upside
    -Anyone can do it. Men, women, old, young, fat, thin.

#46     Aug 29, 2006
  7. jho

jho

stockgirl.

:p

#47     Aug 29, 2006
  8. Aok

Aok

Money for nothing.

Chicks for free.

Risk pays.

#48     Aug 29, 2006
  9. Lets not argue over what a tire iron is. A baseball bat would suffice as well. Can we all agree anyone wanting more government intrusion should be beat with something, anything?!:D

#49     Aug 29, 2006
  10. That's because you can't hide your money like they can and the tax law is modified by the very rich to favor them, not you. Estate tax anyone, lol?
    Either way, the very rich still pay more than middle class. They just have that much money piled on top of old money. If half the loopholes were closed, US government could probably run a serious yearly surplus (excluding the war)

The rich have to throw the poor just enough to keep them from uprising but not enough to make any real advancement. It's been like this for centuries and whenever the balance is altered, there was a revolution.
    Your ideal "free market" "laissez faire" capitalism is a daydream. Screw the theory, in real life raw capitalism creates revolutions & uprisings because it's nothing more than serfdom.

To loop it back to the mysterious stockgirl (who I suspect is male). Financial markets like equities are used as a form of wealth transfer. So whatever the reason is, it don't matter, the math behind it says that most have to lose.
    And like I said, it's the same or prob worse with actors in USA. But what drives them is more passion than greed. Trading is a bit similiar, most of the losers are addicted to it, addicted to the adrenaline rush and addicted to the dream of riches. Kinda like the addiction to the "American Dream" which moves 90% of the masses into a perpetual rat race.

#50     Aug 29, 2006