Why Do People Trade when the Failure Rate is So High?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockgirl, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Very true, where else can you borrow that kind of cash with a minimum 25K investment.

#11     Aug 29, 2006
  2. Ok then Don, should the general public be allowed to trade without training or certification?

#12     Aug 29, 2006
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Cuase pushing a button or calling a broker is so easy. :)

#13     Aug 29, 2006
  4. For the same reason those tens of thousands of people trugged thru the snow for a thousand miles in search of gold. You alway think you can defy the odds. Thats the nature of the ego.

#14     Aug 29, 2006
  5. jsmooth

jsmooth

i'm suprised no one has said "because its fun and they love the thrill." And the 'pnl' is just a way to keep score.

#15     Aug 29, 2006
  6. They trade because the alternative is to work for someone else.

RoughTrader

#16     Aug 29, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Why do 90% of small businesses fail? Lack of a good business plan ... poor marketing ... undercapitalized ... poor service ...

Traders lose for some of the same reasons ... undercapitalized ... lack of discipline ... poor money management skills ... poor work ethic ...

Why are people allowed to go to Vegas and lose $$$? With your logic they should take some training in how to play blackjack or any other "game" they want to play. Why are people allowed to buy lottery tickets week after week? It's a choice ...

#17     Aug 29, 2006
  8. yep 15 years of corporate politics was enough for me, i refuse to go back to that crap...

#18     Aug 29, 2006
  9. S2007S

S2007S

for some reason it seems the other 10% are on elitetrader.com

#19     Aug 29, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

No, it should be illegal. Free markets should be abolished.We should have a planned economy governed by people like Bush, Pelosi, Kennedy, Clintons, Soros, Buffet and other lefty assholes.

P.S. What a stupid question.

#20     Aug 29, 2006