why do people laugh when I mention day trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chipmunk, Oct 6, 2009.

1. I'm laughing at you right now, looking at your picture on the bedside table as your woman strokes my balls.

#41     Oct 6, 2009

2. Your math is wrong here. If a person makes avg. $1,000 per weekday as a trader, they make about $170k per year, as there are about 170 tradeable days per year. Even with 20 days time off, it is $150k.

And if a person can steadily make $1,000 per day, then it is just a function of size to make $2,000 - or $5,000 per day.

However, A person really only needs to make $300 per day to replace that $50k + benefits job you speak of.

The trick is being patient and disciplined enough to steadily make $300 per day for 6 months or a year - that's the real bitch for most folks. It takes a lot of "training" and drill, drill, drill but it is doable. Once this happens, then you get to join the minority.

#42     Oct 6, 2009
  3. your father is right, you're a dummy.

#43     Oct 6, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

they look at the handles of the people who post and burst out laughing.

#44     Oct 6, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

There has been no logic yet that has shown I am so technically folks like you are the dummies for trying to predict the future and making assumptions :)

#45     Oct 6, 2009
  6. The blame solidly falls to the E*TrADE BABY.

This is how the public views YOU thanks to the friends at e*trade

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

#46     Oct 6, 2009
  7. I'm sorry, but you cracked me up.

He obviously said $1000 a week daytrading, not $1000 per day. So your post is mostly redundant.

And I may be mistaken, but there are 252 tradable days a year, at least in stocks.

#47     Oct 6, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Etrade is such a hole.. you try to cancel your thing with them for years.. they keep sending you statements about how you have $3 in the account, which they won't send you, then hackers get past their firewall and steal your info...

#48     Oct 6, 2009
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I don't have my trading account there but do have 2 other accounts with them.

As far as being hacked --- virtually impossible. They've had the security key that generate a new random number every minute that is appended to your password to login. Thus, a hacker has no chance to get into my accounts.

#49     Oct 6, 2009

10. Well, since he ran it all together, I guess I read it wrong. My bad. Glad you got a good laugh.

Still doesn't invalidate my other points. I'd rather make $300 per day at home trading than corporate America for $50k per year.

And a trader can change that by trading bigger, just add a zero to trade size. Try doing that with a salary job.

Whether or not 252 days are really tradeable is open for debate.

Technically the market may be open, but at least 80 of those days are pre-holiday, Fed, low volume, random, tight-range, no breakout, witching or just plain crappy trading days that should be avoided or traded very small, IMO. Unless a person likes to lose money.

Between that fact and taking time off for a life, that is why I used the 170 figure.

PS Are you sure you know what "redundant" means?

#50     Oct 6, 2009