why do people laugh when I mention day trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chipmunk, Oct 6, 2009.

1. they laugh, when you say fund manager, hedge fund operator, trader too....

go figure

#11     Oct 6, 2009
  2. Better yet. Buy your wife a diamond ring, tell her you made the money in the market THEN when people ask you what you do for a living, tell them to ask your wife.

#12     Oct 6, 2009
  3. DrEvil

DrEvil

In for a penny in for a pound. Tell them proudly that you are a gambler.

#13     Oct 6, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

to the ones that say "Oh that's risky, I knew a guy that lost everything...." I say "Tell him thanks for the money"

#14     Oct 6, 2009
  5. Wall Street has typically had disdain for the retail independent trader.

Another reason was the shootout of All-Tech offices by Mark O. Barton in 1999. Some may view you as a crazed lunatic fixing to go off the deep-end.

It is really none of their business, especially since most do not have a clue as to what is involved.

Private investor sounds better.

#15     Oct 6, 2009
  6. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Yeah, just tell them you are a professional gambler. They will be intrigued and awed. Most people I met think professional gamblers have a very glamorous life akin to movie stars.

#16     Oct 6, 2009
  7. Lethn

Lethn

My own father calls me a naive fool for wanting to go into trading..... Boy I'm going to make him eat those words >_<

#17     Oct 6, 2009
  8. I saw a movie on hulu that sums up 50% of the human race, i.e., the male half.

In the movie, there is a secret society in a high school and they have this superstition about turning a white rose red.

This guy that they all dislike does it and they can't figure out, so they stuff his head down in a commode and nearly drowns him. He is so humiliated he commits suicide.

I've seen the same kind of shit all my life.

I think that a great number of men in this country are looking for someone that they can humiliate. Very few are looking to find something good in an individual.

Buying fancy cars and rolex watches won't change a god damn thing. You don't need to impress these people cause they are just no damn good.

#18     Oct 6, 2009
  9. probably not. the odds are not with you.

#19     Oct 6, 2009
  10. FB123

FB123

Why? Because they are just a bunch of stupid sheep who don't know how to think for themselves. Don't waste time worrying about it, just keep taking their money.

#20     Oct 6, 2009