Why do people hate day traders that made it

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked1, Feb 9, 2008.

1. don't ban him. it's fun. hahhaha

#11     Feb 10, 2008
  2. he is somewhat amusing in a nihlistic kind of way. Personally, I'm a new guy, and if i ever met a sucessful trader i'd be nothing but respectful of his/her accomplishments. So long as he/she isn't too busy stroking their own ego to interact in a meaningful, productive way with others. However, I've never met one , most likely due to the fact that they are working hard trying to stay ahead and have no time for locker room trash talking. After all, you're only as good as your last trade right?

#12     Feb 10, 2008
  3. bellman

bellman

if i was good, i mean really good, i'd get cocky. it's fun being cocky and i can see how it could get boring... but it's true, each day in trading you have to prove yourself, and each day is different from the last.

#13     Feb 10, 2008
  4. skim

skim

I don't believe anyone 'hates' successful traders. I do believe, however, that there is a huge amount of 'frustration' which over-rides everything else. It may appear as envy, but it is in fact frustration.

Frustration can be overcome. Those that do, succeed. Those that don't, blow it.

Before you can overcome frustration you have to overcome ego. Very few can be bothered to.

#14     Feb 10, 2008
  5. Like the willingness to admit you're wrong and take the other side in three seconds or less. Or go broke trying.

#15     Feb 10, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

where are you going real fast? why should people reply ?

#16     Feb 10, 2008

7. Foolish/delusional. Sociopath may be the best way to describe them. But they are only kidding themself. Some i read and the BS is so obvious and the strange part is they act as though they believe it. <Blink Blink>

The term is "Wont be long".

#17     Feb 10, 2008
  8. most people hate anyone succesful and if you make it in an unconventional way, like trading, look OUT for the hate can be profound...

#18     Feb 10, 2008

9. never heard of ''fake it until you make it"?

#19     Feb 10, 2008

10. Or "Act as if" and that is from the boiler room. Most of them end up with numbers under their pictures

#20     Feb 10, 2008