Why do people believe day trading will get them rich quick?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Your house. Your rules.

I was asked to produce the journal. I cleared it with the management. It is not considered advertising there until I launch my ETC service. Then I will be a paid advertiser or cease my journal.

I was vague here until directly challenged. I publically asked permission to post the link here. No response except for your quoting the rule in public. Nice!

If doing my due diligence is skirting the rules in your eyes, so be it. Don't insult my intelligence with cutesy stuff. If you believe your rules are violated when theirs are not, just say so and I'll state your rules when asked for proofs.

If you detect a bit of irritation when I have tried to be as clean as possible and I believe you have acted badly, you'd be right.

#51     Dec 30, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Ain't my house, ain't my rules, bro.

Insult your intelligence?? LOL. Not hardly. I don't think you are some dummy out here. But, how 'bout you not insulting the intelligence of the man who owns this business?

If you think you are being as clean as possible, I'm sure glad you're not my next door neighbor.

Good luck!

#52     Dec 30, 2010
  3. To give you a better grasp of the three things I mentioned: plan, strategy and routine, let me elaborate.

In our session on Tuesday it was mentioned that there was a theory, process, and trading actually going on.

The foundation of what we do successfully is a paradigm named Pool Extraction Paradigm. PEP has to be applied to markets by taking into consideration market operation and capacity.

Pool extraction is a process that goes on all of the time in any market on any fractal as long as the market has sufficient liquidity.

There are three applications: PVT, SCT and SSR. You mention SCT which applies to a bout 80 markets in the category of financial futures indexes. Our fav is ES because of its capacity.

The basic plan for any usr of pool extraction is to use profits and compound them as fast as possible.

For PVT the cycle approaches 100 turns a year @ 10% nominal a turn. The capacity is limited to 100,000 shares perstream and up to 12 streams are used. A popular example, years ago was a 100,000 share trade which had a 17 point net (a point is a dollar in stock trading parlance. Partial fills were used; 20 to get in and 31 to get out. An IAS classifies the character of a stock and it goes into a Universe which is sorted by trade date, rank, duration and frequency. A one pager is used to trader the Universe; its name is Unusual Volume Sheet. MADA is used as the routine in PVT. Scoring stocks is also done as part of the DAS logging.

In 2010 beginners using this stuff did a first quarter @ a rate of 150K a year starting with 4 streams and about 25 to 35K total. By April the anualized rate grew to 250K. 62 trades were done in the first quarter.

Currently this week the Universe is being polished to begin 2011.

SCT trading is for financial futures indexes.It is being used all over the world currently. The process of using SCT involves annotating and logging. A core and a progression of skills is used to go from beginner to expert. There is one pattern involved for trading the trend by following a routine thatr takes sconds to cycle through. The pattern has three moves, two dominant and a non dominant in between. V and P are used to define the pattern; there are three price moves and four volume moves in the pattern.

Currently 10 cycles of learning have been posted. They take a trader through the various stages of expertise. The current P&L for the first 5 cycles is posted. 5K is taken to 3/4 of a million dollars. Expert trading is done at a multiple of he ATR; the multiples are well known.

SSR is an approach used for unlimited capital. Sector rotation is a common technique for big money and aggressive trading. The cycle is 4 1/2 weeks and only about 4% a week is realizable.

Any PEP based application for trading usually is done with three nested fractals (interlocking in a 3:1 ratio of segments); the middle fractal is the point to point trading fractal. People learn to trade by doing drills and the results have been posted in ET since its inception and before that on MSN forums. Before that(before the webb) by e mail and before that (before printers and the PC) by brownline handouts beginning in 1957.

Summary

You are confused in several ways. Most people are in your state simply because they are unfamiliar with non propabalistically oriented deductive based trading. what we do is a foreign language to you and here you have confused a PEP application (SCT) with a monitoring and ananlysis routine that is done repeatedly.

If you were an organized trader, you would have a monitoring and analysis routine. That being the case you would not confuse a routine with a strategy or an approach.

Most people cannot apply out written papers to trading simply because they substitute fragments for parts they do not understand. One of out fav examples of this is PVT trading wwithout a Universe and without an exit that occurs during the end of a cycle. A 25,000 trade test was used on 500,000 dollars. initial capital and the average trade lost 18 bucks. This is humor, we know.

At a tradersExpo, worden bros used their drag and drop and the NAZ 100 simulating a year. The Sharpe Ratio was the highest they ever recorded. The test was repeated because of the extreme result on a poor universe. An identical result occurred.

Your reading of failure on our part is incorrect, but it does serve to point out to others where you are coming from and how well you can understand the reality of PEP and its applications, PVT, SCT and SSR, and the routine MADA that is used to monitor and analyze the various markets.

Try putting us on ignore; it will get your mind off such things that seem so unbelievable and astonishing to you.

#53     Dec 30, 2010
  4. Blotto

Blotto

I made the following statement:

The very successful traders are not available to newbies to answer questions on how to be successful.

You replied to the effect that such a statement is proof of my ignorance.

Evidently you are not sorry for it as you made the deliberate decision to type it, review it, and publish it here. Apologising for a deliberate action in advance is both insincere and manipulative. I'll call you on that.

Thankfully for us all, I posted a falsifiable statement. To prove me wrong you must simply name those at the top of our industry - that is to say private independent traders - who make themselves available to novices in order to teach how to be successful trading in the markets.

To clarify "very successful traders" - in this profession we measure our results by our returns. This means in order to disprove my assertion you must find a successful trader who trades significant size. The ability to scale a successful strategy according to market conditions is the hallmark of those at the top of our industry.

One does not disprove my statement by pointing to an individual who makes a few hundred or a few thousand dollars a day. We are talking about high level professionals who are truly in a position to teach owing to an intimate understanding of markets developed over several years of study and application.

Simply name a highly successful independent trader who is willing to train others to compete with him and take liquidity from him and I shall publicly admit to the level of ignorance you accuse me of.

I can assure you the very best will not share their hard earned knowledge and experience with any novice who happens to ask. One example to the contrary proves me wrong...

I am aware that some on this thread have retorted to you rudely. You show lack of judgement in addressing me in the same manner you would employ to those who are rude. Nothing in my post was rude. I simply stated that success in businesses is not in itself a qualification for training traders. The qualifications for teaching traders consist of the amalgam of the correct trading knowledge, and the communication skills to teach effectively. Success in business may give you the latter, but the former can come only from direct personal experience of trading success. All of this is obvious to those who have done their time in this particular business.

I did not make assumptions as to whether you were successful in business, or as to your trading experience as I have no knowledge of any of this. I simply stated that it would be disingenuous to set oneself up as a trading coach without several years of successful trading.

A careful reading of our postings here will reveal who is making unjustified assumptions. Unfortunately rudeness is very common in mainstream, as are masochists who take pleasure in hostile communications.

I shall mention further that truly advanced traders who are in a position to share very potent methodologies are particularly advanced in determining who is worthy to be taught. Such a trader wishing to conduct mentoring would not offer services to the public generally, but to certain individuals subsequent to interactions highlighting the personal qualities of the potential student. Regardless of whether such mentoring was to be carried out in exchange for payment, it would be offered exclusively to those deemed suitable.

#54     Dec 30, 2010
  5. Your statement is ignorant because you don't know all successful traders. Your convoluted logic to put the burden on someone else to prove otherwise not withstanding.

I wont trouble you with who I know and what they do. I could provide you with at least one exception but that would end up breaking a confidence. I'm sure you will find fault with that as well.

#55     Dec 30, 2010
  6. dave4532

dave4532

You are talking to someone with close to 1000 posts in 3 months of membership time over in T2W forums. He is presenting himself as an authority and he tries to build credibility by answering each and every post. Why wasting your time? People over there post and then make bets how soon he will answer. The other day it took him about 10 seconds to answer the most recent post. His reply was something like "Go read about it". I have bet 20 seconds and someone else won who bet 8 seconds. He now came over to ET and soon he will be posting all over the place. Then he will announce his book. Another book. God help us....another book...

#56     Dec 30, 2010
  7. Show me the evidence of your claims about bets on my response time. If it's true back it up.

#57     Dec 30, 2010
  8. What's the difference if you're pulling the trigger or you teach them how to do it? Silly rationale.

Btw, based on your journal, you are so far from an authority on derivatives that its shocking to me that you think you're qualified to teach people how to trade them. Shame on you. Would you think I was a charlatan if I opened a flight school? (Before you answer, you should know that I did sit in business class 51 times this year without dying.)

#58     Dec 30, 2010
  9. Blotto

Blotto

The fact that you cannot give an example without breaking a confidence proves my point. It is not possible for you to name an individual who would be acknowledged to be a top tier independent professional trader who holds himself out as a trading educator to members of the public.

I have already explained that the top traders who wish to mentor generally choose to educate those known to them personally, as distinct from members of the public generally.

We have two sets. The first comprises those traders who hold themselves out to the public as offering trader training to novices. The second set comprises the very best independent traders. I postulated that there does not exist an individual who is a member of both sets. You have not yet refuted this.

Please note that a confidential example does not satisfy the criteria, as this individual is not holding themselves out so as to be accessible to the public novice. If anything this furthers my argument - I too know at least two people who would be in the second set, and neither are in the first!

I do not need to know all the traders to note that I have not observed one who would be a member of both sets described above. It is a simple matter to prove by contradiction, giving only one example of a trader who is a member of both sets. If this is possible, I would invite you to do so. I am always grateful to learn something new or to have an existing belief proved incorrect.

#59     Dec 30, 2010
  10. Blotto

Blotto

Oh dear, well that explains a lot. The "other place" is truly awful. I do not think any serious operator would waste time participating there. As I recall it is a giant billboard owned and staffed by individuals who are not and have never been professional traders, and primarily supported in advertising revenue by clients who are bookmakers rather than brokers. That says it all really.

The reason I am bothering to engage in this (and I rarely participate here these days) is because I made what I consider to be a correct and informed observation regarding how truly high level professional operators safeguard their edges generally by not sharing indiscriminately with the public for a fee or otherwise. I have made sufficient comment to settle the matter, and as such do not see the need to participate further except in the event I am proved wrong, in which case I have had a valuable educational experience. So there is the possibility to learn something new to my advantage on the one hand, and the possibility of enlightening readers on the other hand. Not necessarily a waste of time, but not something that merits further participation either.

Thank you for your information.

#60     Dec 30, 2010