Why do noobs make money?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Bakinec, Apr 29, 2010.

1. My first stock I ever bought went up 100% the next day.:D

And crashed 70% the day after.:mad: :p

#21     May 3, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

just like a drug dealer.

#22     May 3, 2010
  3. "Why do noobs make money?"

because they need it

#23     May 6, 2010
  4. with most new"traders" it basically a buy and hold "trade" not to tough to make a buck after a 8 day "trade"

#24     May 6, 2010
  5. There's a lesson here.

As a noob, I was making money fast. Then I started "refining" and "supplementing", and started getting my butt kicked.

Now I've reduced to just a handful of simple rules and it's working again. I think keeping it simple is the key to winning...I really believe that.

SM

#25     May 6, 2010
  6. "noob"... havent heard this since playing CS... well they make money because everyone has to get lucky once in a while... just like with a lucky awp shot LOL ... CS reference for all you "noobs" : )

#26     May 7, 2010
  7. I think most of the time, people are just lucky. There are some who really have the skills, but most people are just lucky even for newbies like us.

#27     May 10, 2010
  8. Didn't the Bible say something like: "the intelligence of the intelligent, I will frustrate...."?

The reason why noobs tend to make money is b/c Lady Luck is dumb. Like attracts like.

#28     May 10, 2010
  9. minmike

minmike

This place always cracks me up!

You sound like you failed at that prop shop right?

How can you say something like this? "This is indisputably the only proven consistent method to profit from trading."

Losers talking about the indisputable right way. I love it!!

#29     May 11, 2010
  10. It's a myth.
    Nobody expects a rookie to make money, so when they make it, you hear about it.
    You don't hear about the lots of rookies who lose big.

#30     May 14, 2010