Why do most new traders fail?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FTNHILLSTRADER, May 21, 2011.

1. so you only did better than 10% of the kids in your school?

#21     May 22, 2011
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

DO NOT COMPARE HOW OVER 90% OF GOLFERS ALSO FAIL. over 90% of golfers won't make a living golfing is true but they are'nt losing money on a daily basis trying to pursue it. of course they buy equipment but no way is it comparable to trading and either is acting. closest comp is poker but even there the losses are'nt as great as trading stocks.

#22     May 23, 2011
  3. #23     May 23, 2011
  4. jokepie

jokepie

Time is money budy

#24     May 23, 2011
  5. APPLES AND ORANGES. Golf take strength, hand eye coordination and a little book called: Square to Square. Trading does not.

In the long run trading takes brains and the fortitude to work long and hard on a strategy with a high probability of success.

#25     May 23, 2011
  6. Glad to see you moved on Hood....good luck with everything :)

#26     May 23, 2011
  7. I can only post about myself.

I failed because:
    • Gambling.
    • Expected to much.
    • Did not have the patience.
    • Trading is boring.
    After I found automation and work in a full time job from home, my trading seems to have improved. I simply monitor the automation and concentrate on the phone calls with my job.

ElectricIsNotATraderButProbablyTradesMoreUnitsThanHalfOfTheGuestsHereSavant

#27     May 23, 2011
  8. emg

emg

which why u became a moderator?

#28     May 23, 2011
  9. emg,

I wanted to keep the spam out of ET and I am working in a situation where I can monitor ET and catch spam..

I find the traders here to be a good bunch of anonymous characters and have had hours of entertainment from these threads. ET has become a part of my day.

I automated my trading and now trading is no longer boring as I do not need to be glued to the screen for executions. As far as moderation I can zap guests at will...☺so behave yourself.

ES

#29     May 23, 2011
  10. jamostew

jamostew

Pardon a brief OT question: What tools do you use for automated trading?

#30     May 27, 2011