Why do more than 90% of traders lose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Apr 8, 2011.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

Of course, I am speaking about buying and holding for a period, in relation to the $5k, be it a day to a week, or so - not about short term daytrades, as that is a completely different story, and approach.

J_S

#301     May 25, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  2. gkishot

gkishot

Do you mind if I ask you what is your average annual return trading forex?

#302     May 25, 2016
  3. I am also learning as well, all I can say is I achieved about 200 pips by trading GBP - USD/AUD/NZD today

#303     May 25, 2016
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Why is average annual return relevant? They could have had wicked winning streak in beginning of each year and went up 1000% in one week, then spend remainder of 50 weeks sliding down to 100%, but you eyes will grow cause they did 100%. Don't you think this are wrong questions to ask? How come no one asks drawdown, or how many profitable days in relationship of losing days in a year, what is worst losing trades in a row, have you tried to improved losing trading by altering risk management.

#304     May 25, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  5. Maybe rarely as retail trader can survive nd making regular profit, but still possible to making profit in forex trading, as trader only making effort with learning but sometime loss inevitable

#305     May 25, 2016