Why do more than 90% of traders lose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Apr 8, 2011.

1. well. there're many problems.... anyway, thank you.

#261     May 18, 2016
  2. :))) they share their experience and talk like they earn much money, exactly number 10 -15% monthly. Ok. I'll stop believe in this.

#262     May 18, 2016
  3. magestic

magestic

Majority are in a haste, they don't want to spend time in demo, they want to start trading in real account quickly and with greed. This make their trading look very bad. If a trader properly learns trading and then start in real account, he can do very good.

#263     May 19, 2016
  4. How many traders are telling you this? This isn't a common performance, but there are traders out there that can do this. Just focus on your own journey...don't worry about anybody else...if you do, it can cause emotional trading...bad stuff!

#264     May 19, 2016
    profitlocker likes this.
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

agree

nobody worries about nobody

it just that many people want to have a confirmation that what they try to archive is achievable at all, they want see in the success (or perceived success) of others the possibility of their own success

but they ask a wrong question, and a wrong person

Instead of asking others "Can it be done?", they should ask themselves "Can it be done by me?" and the answer should be - yes !

Lats assume that nobody made it before , lets assume that there were no successful consistent traders at all..

so what? even better

this is an enterprise for the discoverers, explorers, pioneers, for the people who want to step in the unknown, even if where nobody stepped before, people whose believe in themselves comes not from what others did or did nor do, not even from what them themselves archived before (since often it's irrelevant) it comes form the irrational self-believe

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    #265     May 19, 2016
    Ruben R and BONECRUSHER like this.
  6. I read it in forex forum. anyway, thanks for your advice.

#266     May 21, 2016
  7. Almost all billionaires are people who achieved something that statistically was almost impossible.
    Going from zero to a billionnaire is statistically almost impossible. That's a good example. Gates, Zuckerberg, Dell, Koum, Dorsey...

You should try to do something that statistically it almost impossible.
    If you try to do something that everybody can, there will be less potential profits as profits should be shared between those who can what you can. The less people who can do what you can do the better for you. You can dictate prices and take all the profits.

So daytrading is a good idea because most people lose and a few get very rich.

#267     May 21, 2016
    jl1575 likes this.
  8. Sergio77

Sergio77

First part of post is brilliant. The part about day trading is not. Your broker is daytrading against you and so is every algo and HFT. You are not doing anything unique. The odds is with the algos.

#268     May 21, 2016
  9. Not important who trades against me, I trade the ES so my broker cannot trade against me. Years ago I traded Forex, and yes that was against my broker. But I became smarter with the years.
    My order goes directly in the market, not in the book of the broker. If you trade you always have a counterparty, broker, HFT or anybody else. I don't care as long as I make good money. As I take consistently money out of the market, somebody else should lose that money. The odds are with my algos. :p

In daytrading you should be part of the 10%, just like the small group that became billionnaire.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    #269     May 21, 2016
  10. jl1575

jl1575

The market is full of conflicts constantly, but in essential, just two big camps, buy or sell, they play each other, but because the speeds and volumes of these two big groups are changing dynamically and there are lots of manipulating, more complex price movement patterns and behavior show up. The smarter retail traders profit consistently because they know how to see through all the traps and camouflages and choose the right side most of the time; the less smart traders then need a lot of luck and are at market's mercy, that is why for those people, sometime they make a lot of money but sometime they lost a lot of money, because they can only see/grasp the price movement/trending/direction on the surface based on the TA/indicators/system they use.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    #270     May 21, 2016
    profitlocker and BONECRUSHER like this.