Why do more than 90% of traders lose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Most folks will never be able to grasp the idea that what we can control is risk and that management thereof is the only true edge in trading. Anyone can find entries. It's the management of those entries that separates the winners from the losers.

#211     Mar 30, 2016
  2. slugar

slugar

I agree with controlling risk but you can also control risk with better entries and exits

#212     Mar 30, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

To be fair, you can't be sure you're using PRM because Buy1Sell2 refuses to adequately define it.

#213     Mar 30, 2016
    Visaria likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Controlling risk is all we have. Better entries and exits can be, and are, found by anyone. There is no edge there. Most traders will pull profit before targets or too early if trend trading, remove or not use stops, scale in and scale out, use breakeven stops, set stops inside the noise, risk more than 2% TLNW etc etc etc. ----Picking entries and exits is easy. Utilizing Prudent Risk Management is the real, and only , edge in trading.

#214     Mar 30, 2016
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Buy1Sell2 refuses to unequivocally define "Prudent Risk Management."

Clearly Buy1Sell2 is either a crank or a troll.

Cranks and trolls are complete wastes of time.

Buy1Sell2 is now on my ignore list.

Done with this incessant nonsense.

#215     Mar 30, 2016
  6. slugar

slugar

You control your risk by having better entries and exits and having a method that has a positive expectancy. By managing yourself. Period

#216     Mar 30, 2016
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is not the Edge.

#217     Mar 30, 2016
  8. Visaria

Visaria

9. Redneck

Redneck

I applaud you expressing / backing your views in your posts here..., but it occurred during premo trading time

I am sooooo going to jump your ass if it affected your prime directive today..., by even a smidgen

Make me eat these words Slugar - please - I'll gladly do so

==================

btw - this falls under managing risk / self

RN

#219     Mar 30, 2016
  10. slugar

slugar

It also happened during a very choppy time in the nq. I was sitting firmly on my hands and waiting for a good set up

#220     Mar 30, 2016