Why do more than 90% of traders lose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Apr 8, 2011.

1. let me alert the media..............:)

s

:D

#111     Jun 12, 2012
  2. Remember, first and foremost, trading is a Business. You have to treat it as such. Our top people, and our family members, work 60 hours per week or more in their business.

Lazy people, as noted above, will not make it in this or any other business IMO.

All the best,

Don

#112     Jun 12, 2012
  3. plyka

plyka

The correct answer is that there is no best way. There are a million ways to skin a cat as they say.

#113     Jun 12, 2012
  4. Trading is gambling and betting on unknown outcome , where no patterns give an edge and same patterns can give opposite outcome.The market is efficient . unless you know something (an edge) which the market does not know , it is a losing game.

#114     Jun 13, 2012
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Even in a losing game there is always a winner. Find out how to make that you.

#115     Jun 13, 2012
  6. emg

emg

#116     Sep 13, 2012
  7. emg

emg

Here is another interesting quote from the article above:

[​IMG]

When these crazy investors begin day trading their retirement accounts thinking they are going to get rich quick and thinking they are

PRO

their cycle begins by subscribing 3rd party educational service/system vendors

[​IMG]

couple years later, their retirement accounts are nearly wipeout. And what they will do next,

cry cry cry to the gov.

#117     Sep 13, 2012
  8. "Why do more than 90% of traders lose?"

This is not fully true. The CBOT published that over 90 percent of new retail accounts opened lose their money in 6 months. I think most retail traders lost money in the beginning. That doesn't mean they learned how to be successful.

In this thread it appears there are no sources. Before getting into a debate on why 90 percent of people lose, you should clarify if you are even correct with your 90 percent.

EDIT: I was responding to post # 1, but then I saw the post above me afterwards.

emg .....you keep saying higher education is key. Higher education has nothing to do with being a trader. Maybe you don't have any higher education and you are upset you are not a profitable trader. I have higher education, but I would still be a trader if I didn't. Also before you spend your entire day (are you unemployed?) making misspelled charts. :D

#118     Sep 13, 2012
  9. emg

emg

#119     Sep 13, 2012
  10. emg

emg

Higher Education is the key to become a successful trader. Higher education with above 3.5 GPA will allow u to work in the house and learn how institutional trade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stay tune for more proofs are coming on poor ghetto inexperience lower educated day trader will lose. They just lose!

#120     Sep 13, 2012