why do many traders give seminars etc..?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chipper, Apr 8, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Suggestion..

If you're contemplating paying for a seminar, require the promoter document that he's made $MILLIONS PER YEAR FROM TRADING over at least a few years. (That will eliminate the charlatans.)

Otherwise, steer clear.

#21     Apr 8, 2008
  2. And to put a finer point on it, most of that income should come from actual trading rather than from conducting seminars.

#22     Apr 8, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Right. Edited my post to reflect that.

#23     Apr 8, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

If you've REALLY made "$millions", you couldn't possibly care less about $2,000.

#24     Apr 8, 2008

5. There comes a point in life where trading no longer excites you, and you want to give back to the trading community.. :D

#25     Apr 8, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Trading should not be "exciting".. like "I'm gonna get rich"... it's more like mining. Process the "ore" and make what you should.

$10K? Pocket change.

#26     Apr 8, 2008
  7. It is risk and stress free money. Charge $2k a person for a 2 day seminar to talk about the same shit you know by hard already and get 100 people to sign up. $200k for talking about a subject you like to talk about anyway and many teach or hold seminars on weekends (duh the market is closed).

Seminars teach basics and some techniques but no one goes into detail about what they do to the fine print. Even so, out of 100 people only 3 will follow it to the letter so there is no risk really. Seminar teachers have no real edge that is not kind of known anyway. Even Marrk Fischer teaches 75% of his technique and leaves the little nuances off the books.

#27     Apr 8, 2008
  8. I'm guessing you wear those roomy "cargo" pants.
    :D

#28     Apr 8, 2008

9. I've always had an exciting time learning about, doing, and teaching trading. I don't really do it to make money. What I make is truly an outcome of me just enjoying the process.

$9,999 is what I would charge if I ever go the education circuit. I think that is really a bargain for the knowledge and expertise I have. Would you pay $9,999 to learn from someone who makes that much in a day ??

#29     Apr 8, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Don't know what that means... ??

#30     Apr 8, 2008