why do job postings insist on including including "salary" requirement w/resume?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OTCkrak, Jan 22, 2010.

1. here is my actual cover letter, if anyone has any suggestions or see grammatical errors please respond. and hopefully no one steals my work and applies for the same position with the same letter!

Human Resources,

I would like to express my interest in the _________ position posted on the _____ job board. My unique skills and background offer a great value to your principals. Please accept this letter and attached resume as evidence of my full commitment to be an outstanding candidate for your consideration. I am highly motivated to bring excellence to my work everyday along with a great attitude. I would like to learn from like minded professionals with an opportunity to display and develop my critical thinking skills. I possess industry experience as an operations accounting associate for "IB". I will continue the same culture of world class control and ethical standards practiced at 'IB". I have relocated back home to the San Francisco Bay Area to pursue my passion for Investment Banking.

Professional references are included below and I encourage you to contact them at your convenience for character and history verification.

I would like to further discuss my qualifications and demonstrate how I will be the perfect fit for your company. I am very excited about this opportunity and I look forward to speaking with someone from your firm shortly.

#21     Jan 22, 2010
  2. my point is that in some cases... Labor is a Giffen good.

#22     Jan 22, 2010
  3. I would like to learn from like minded professionals with an opportunity to display and develop my critical thinking skills.
    ---------------------

HR wants to know what you are going to do for the company not the other way around.

#23     Jan 22, 2010
  4. I'll assume you went to a community college after reading this rubbish!

#24     Jan 22, 2010
  5. krak, just be upfront, tell them that you're tired of how trading has been infiltrated by all these 0% interest rated, leveraged, politically connected banks, and that you want to turn some churn and burn prop job into a hedge fund kingdom, all the while studying for your MBA in between some epic trading sessions.

#25     Jan 22, 2010
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The H1-B guy off the boat will do the job for $10K.

#26     Jan 22, 2010
  7. here is my pnl from today.. i beat the market!

#27     Jan 22, 2010
  8. A buddy of mine chases storms as a roofing contractor, he has hired salesmen off of Craigslist.

#28     Jan 22, 2010
  9. rosy2

rosy2

what makes you think a CFA will change anything? you will just find that firms require a different piece of paper and you will end up chasing that.

#29     Jan 22, 2010
  10. i might be broke, unemployed, and a failed entrepreneur, but no one will question my intelligence. you have to have at least half a brain to pass lvl2 of that sht!

your right though.. i wont stop there... i also want CPA, FRM, CAIA, CMT, S3,6,7,53,66,67. MBA, Masters of Finance

my animosity comes from working in the back office of a wall st firm.. they treated me like a piece of toilet paper

#30     Jan 22, 2010