Why do I see all the times on ET listed at GMT 9 hours?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by okwon, Feb 8, 2003.

1. okwon

okwon

All the times I see on ET are at GMT 9 hours. Is there a particular reason for this? It is pretty hard to convert from the time listed on a post to my local time.

2. okwon

okwon

Nevermind, I found the answer.

3. 2 possibilities :

(1) You're not logged in.

(2) You're logged in, but haven't selected your Time Offset, found in Your Account, Edit Options, Date & Time Options.

4. okwon

okwon

Yeah it was because of the time offset.

5. (3) You're logged in under your latest alias, and have forgotten to personalize the settings.

6. When I click Log Out, it says "All cookies are cleared", but it does not log me out, it merely refreshes by erasing the Threads With Recent Posts folder icons. So, if for instance I wanted to log in as a different user, I wouldn't be able to do this. I have only noticed this since yesterday, but for the last week my In Box has said that I have 1 New Message, even though I have read all messages. Looks like my cookies have gotten a bit stale?

7. why in the world would you be wanting to log in as a different user?

hmm?????

8. I don't know. I was trying to clear my cookies because my Inbox keeps saying I have 1 New Message. I tried following the Help instructions about manually clearing cookies through C:elitetrader.com\Windows\Cookies\, but it said "Program not found".