why do i keep losing?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nwose, Feb 18, 2011.

1. nwose

nwose

Wasn't born that way, It just slowly started to happen :)

If your just pushing buy/sell how is it boring for you? Your not worried about slippage at all? Your name is hedgeFUN trader, so how in the hell do you stay so bored when your having so much fun?

#21     Feb 19, 2011
  2. Likely you'll continue losing money forever.

Let me guess you use technical analysis and a mechanical system right?
    You are trying to compete with guys with billions of dollars, super computers, seats in the exchanges.
    If you continue to do something a machine can do you'll continue to lose.

#22     Feb 19, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

My friend, which are you:

A. Fabulously wealthy

B. Fabulously stupid

C. Fabulously optimistic

D. Fabulously bad at guessing

If the answer is "A", then carry on with whatever nonsense you please and have fun.

If the answer is "B" or "C" or "D", then you need to stop trading immediately.

#23     Feb 19, 2011
  4. d08

d08

That's not true. I'd say if you can't quantify the core of your edge, you don't have one. He said he is scalping, in the times of HFT - that strategy isn't a profitable one.

#24     Feb 19, 2011
  5. risky63

risky63

too bad they don't make qualudes anymore.....that might help w/jitters.
    I would recomend any form of oxy or better yet zanax....that way you won't remember the loss. mixed w/malt liquor I guarantee results ( in 1 form or another).

#25     Feb 19, 2011
  6. i have tried this and it works. maybe it would work for you too.

first of all you are attracted to losses... that is why you keep losing.
    so you just need a psychologist to make you enjoy losing more than winning.
    that way... winning seems like losing to you.

the result is that you are more attracted to losing still ... but this time it is in the form of winning.

when you make a gain... you will feel suicidal. when you lose... you will feel like you are on top of the world.
    but that doesn't matter.
    what is important... .is that your account will continue to grow.

and even though you feel like killing yourself every day of your life.... you will be able to go shopping afterwards... and face another day.

the big hole in your self esteem... will be filled with new clothes, cars, women, etc.

after all what is more important ? feeling good or having plenty of cash ?

if you try this and are successful .... don't go back to the way it was before.... thinking " oh now i have learned my lesson"

..if you do that.... you will be attracted to losing again... and you will be in the same rut you were in in the beginning.

various drugs can combat the suicidal tendencies you experience. and you will have plenty of money to pay for them.
    sure there are side effects to these drugs... but so what.

you won't look good in a bentley with a big stupid smile on your face.
    have you seen a single millionaire with a smile on their face ? usually they won't be smiling at all.

that is your ultimate goal.... millions... and a face like death.

#26     Feb 19, 2011
  7. Elev,

After getting smacked around a bit this week, it was fun to read that. That was hysterical.

I've been short all week, maybe I need to see a shrink too, at least i will feel like i was long.

#27     Feb 19, 2011
  8. Well I think your joking, but on the off chance you are serious, then you might as well take all your money and go buy lottery tickets. It sounds to me like you aren't willing to put in the time and effort to really learn how to trade. If you just blow it all then you can be done. If you want to learn to trade then first you need to stop doing it wrong, go back to the drawing board and read some books like the Disciplined Trader recommended earlier. Then consider if the day trading approach is even for you. You could trade stocks on a daily basis. It might do you good to slow down.

#28     Feb 19, 2011
  9. that's what i am here for broski.

hopefully he will take our advice. ; )

#29     Feb 19, 2011
  10. jl1575

jl1575

If it is that easy to make 500K a year after 1 year of practice, I believe 95% of the MIT and Harvard graduates would pick up the trading rather than hunting for any job out there.

#30     Feb 19, 2011