Why do I cause panic on Nasdaq each time I trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasonH, Feb 10, 2006.

1. rito

rito

How many months ago did you start Cool Web ?

#11     Feb 10, 2006
  2. Agree with Rito.
    The only thing we can (relatively) control is how much money we accept to risk on every trade. Then everything can happen, except losing more than planned. Obviously, this is more difficult in swing trades because of overnight exposure. But to limit this risk, I never have more than 5% of my total equity on one single stock. In other words, money management (position size, stop loss) is the real edge in this business, in my opinion.

#12     Feb 10, 2006
  3. It's because they know. No one wants to sell until YOU buy. :p :D

#13     Feb 10, 2006
  4. bitrend

bitrend

Really! So you are a big player that can cause panic on Wall Street, and you are the second greatest speculator after Jesse Livermore.

Wait. Are you panic when you trade or Wall Street panics when you trade? From the above title make me understand that you cause Wall Street to panic each time you trade.

By the way, it's normal to be panic when trading because losing money is the most fearful in life after facing a dead. What you can do to reduce it is to have your own trading system (strategy) then follow your system. When you have something you will have more confident then eventually will reduce your fear.

:)

#14     Feb 10, 2006
    #15     Feb 10, 2006
  6. The Book is "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas. Very worthwhile read.

#16     Feb 10, 2006
  7. This same thing puzzled the crap out of me last year when I started trading. 90% of my demo trades were profitable, but as soon as I went live everything changed. Most trades were losers, and the winners were just pure luck. Very hard for the little guy to make money in this biz.

#17     Feb 10, 2006
  8. Tradedon i agree to you

Not only for a little guy he has to make sure he has enough back up if a 2 to 3 month he is not profitable
    Back up is very important

#18     Feb 10, 2006
  9. LOL, 2 or 3 months! Try 8-12 months. Its not even worth giving trading a try for a career if you arent willing to give it at least 1 full year.

#19     Feb 10, 2006
  10. rito

rito

Nothing worthwhile is ever given to you. You'v gotta earn it.
    Tradeing is undoubtably the most exasperating thing I've ever tryed to master, and yet there are guys out there making good money at it because they have paid their dues and learned how to do it. Its alot more worthwhile to concentrate on the infinate possibilitys of what could be and how you are going to get there than to bemoan how hard somthing is.
    Traderon, when you figure out why you were so successful on demo and yet have so much trouble tradeing live you will have won a big part of the battle.

#20     Feb 10, 2006