Why do I cause panic on Nasdaq each time I trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasonH, Feb 10, 2006.

1. jasonH

jasonH

I have to admit that I'm new to trading but use each opportunity to gain more knowledge.
    There is one thing however that puzzles me.
    I do my study, check the indicators, volume, tape etc.
    Tape is moving at nice pace and I stock is trending up. I place my order. It gets executed and suddenly like I opened door to hell.
    Massive sell out. What's going on? I happened to me couple times already.
    Somebody please enlighten me?

2. Well u can never alwasy be right.
    Nasdaq is a very F@#$@ choppy market
    The best bet for you is to take a stop loss at a certain level and try to re-enter in a trade
    Take that loss and re-enter
    Giving u advice from my mistakes
    A advice some one gave me :
    Unfortunately, discipline is typically not learned until you have wiped out a trading acc says:

3. Thats what we call "being late to the party". Not sarcasm...truth.

4. Arnie

Arnie

5. it's happens to everyone. if the opposite is true, every trades you made you are right, you will be post with a topic as "i am a genius trade" or something similar.

it's just part of the game. for the last few trades in 2k5, i always long on the high and short on the bottom.

6. Stop trading in 1M share lots.

7. rito

rito

You'll find this qoute on a couple of other threads on this site as well. After several years of making mediocre gains and then getting the stuffing beat out of me over and over agian I feel like I am at long last makeing some headway. Implementing the principals found in the following quote have been probably equally as important to me as any TA knowledge ever could be.

.ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
    .YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW WHATS GONING TO HAPPEN NEXT IN ORDER TO MAKE MONEY.
    .THERE IS A RANDOM DISTRIBUTION BETWEEN WINS AND LOSSES FOR ANYGIVEN EDGE.
    .AN EDGE IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN INDICATION OF A HIGHER PROBABILITY OF ONE THING HAPPENING OVER ANOTHER.
    .EVERY MOMENT IN THE MARKET IS UNIQUE.
    If you havnt read the book yet do so and live by it.:) it's one of the more valuable trading books around.
    Rito

8. funniest post ever,

I had the same revelations when I started as well.

9. yes, it absolutely happens to everybody at some point. What sucks even more is buying the top and selling the bottom.

10. jasonH

jasonH

Thank you guys.
    Your posts have been helpful and educating.

#10     Feb 10, 2006