Why do financial forums attract such a high rate of ego hungry individuals?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by romik, Mar 9, 2007.

1. romik

romik

But trading does not necessarily has to be wrapped round complex mathematical equations IMHO. Just like in any other industry, some will be born or develop a feel & others will be unable to cook a meal without a recipe book open.

#11     Mar 9, 2007
  2. No, it doesn't. But back to my premise; when the discussion is mentally challenging, the wannabes are out of their very limited depth and have no interest.

#12     Mar 9, 2007
  3. bluud

bluud

the desire to seek curious posts ...

when I see money I see that writing on it, you know the one that says "In God We Trust" ... so subconsciously Money and God have become interrelated ... you have to know psychology to understand things like this, heavy stuff ain't it?? ...:D

#13     Mar 9, 2007
  4. "Just curious... which of your desires are being met in this financial trader's forum?"

For myself, it is a way to find out what pushes my buttons. Although I may not reply to posts that do push my buttons. Self-control and desire to understand the other person point of view/concepts, remove my emotions from the subject. I'm talking about market related posts, though.

#14     Mar 9, 2007
  5. <i>"when I see money I see that writing on it, you know the one that says "In God We Trust" ... so subconsciously Money and God have become interrelated ... you have to know psychology to understand things like this, heavy stuff ain't it??"</i>

I understand human psychology very well. Those who do likewise understand what is written or said is often merely a veil to what is the core belief.

Listen very carefully to what someone does... means much more than what they say :cool:

#15     Mar 9, 2007
  6. <i>"the desire to seek curious posts ..."</i>

you'd absolutely LOVE <b>drphil check that board out... it'll keep you occupied for hours
    :D :D :D

#16     Mar 9, 2007
  7. bluud

bluud

haha :D that was a cool one

#17     Mar 9, 2007
  8. bluud

bluud

that part was only supposed to be funny!!!!!!!

#18     Mar 9, 2007
  9. <b>bluud</b>, humor is appreciated, and I mean that sincerely.

The topic of this thread questions why financial forums are so combative instead of supportive. Perhaps the heavy injection of politics, religion and race = creed should be left entirely out. Instead of hashing those inane topics, why not discuss pure trading relevance with the same energy expended?

Take care :)

#19     Mar 9, 2007
  10. romik

romik

So there are no knowledgeable wannabes?

But that is not on subject anyhow :) I just want to hear various opinions of WHY do so many people abuse the power of humbleness when it comes to discussing financial based subjects. It's not just the money (or perhaps absence of it) side that motivates people to get into these sort of 'dirty' debates, other business discussion forums & their participants are also aimed at actually making money, no charity work there. So why?

#20     Mar 9, 2007