Why do Europeans give up sovereignty?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lucias, Dec 9, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Insular Great Britain is already secluded from the rest of EU, imposing tougher immigration rules than EU asks for, to foreigners residing in the EU for instance. I'm not sure about the economic implications but I like the idea of loss of national sovereignty. The less nations and nationalism - and even patriotism- the better.

#31     Dec 9, 2011
  2. Stok

Stok

Britain is not about to get sucked into the mess of the Euro and the FTT!! Good for them...and smart to keep the Pound when this whole flawed Euro mess was invented.

The Euro is doomed, period. The day will come when it all collapses and these Countries tell Germany and France to fuck off.

This will not end well, and Britain will look like the champs!

#32     Dec 9, 2011
  3. emg

emg

ahh. coach mojitos have a question. u need to see coach volente

#33     Dec 9, 2011
  4. Why, because of german pressure. Germany has succesfully blocked any other plan all the way along, now the whole euro is in danger so germany comes up with great treaty change that would somehow save italy & spain & france & belgium from banckroptcy (now one knows how that will happen.)

The last time europe has caved to german blackmail it didn't ended well for anyone.

#34     Dec 9, 2011
  5. jj_

jj_

Yeah, because patriotism is bad, right? Jesus. You believe in democracy presumably? How democratic is a nation state? Not very, but at least there is a semblance of democracy. What would you have in its place? A supranational institution like the EU? Government by technocracy? How democratic is that?

Or maybe you prefer other forms of government? Please share with us what you would have replace the nation state.

#35     Dec 9, 2011
  6. Stok

Stok

This is WWIII being fought with paper money this time.

#36     Dec 9, 2011
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Quote from jj_:

" Yeah, because patriotism is bad, right? Jesus."

Right, and so is Jesus somehow. Notions ingrained into kids so they keep on playing by the system which is raising and ruling them.

" You believe in democracy presumably? "

I actually have only little respect for democracy.

"How democratic is a nation state? Not very, but at least there is a semblance of democracy. What would you have in its place? A supranational institution like the EU? Government by technocracy? How democratic is that?"

I don't see where would be the difference in applying a democratic system within a larger state - think of today's sovereign states as tomorrow's provinces.

#37     Dec 9, 2011
  8. jj_

jj_

End of conversation.

#38     Dec 9, 2011
  9. luisHK

luisHK

You're welcome, I see you would be a suitable poster boy for democracy style free speech :cool:

#39     Dec 9, 2011
  10. d08

d08

All you Americans talking about the second world war. Most of Europe is passed that, it's 2011. This battle is about financial and political power - they agreed among themselves, France and Germany, that France would be the political center and Germany the financial center in the EU and the rest can go to hell - they are just in it for the ride along.
    The future of EU is bleak at best.

#40     Dec 9, 2011