Why do Europeans give up sovereignty?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lucias, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Lucias

Lucias

Why are some European countries citizens expected to give up sovereignty to the Euro?

I mean why would anyone put up with that.... ??

2. Idk, but this is the craziest thing i've ever seen in my life. They'd take down the whole system and ruin decades of work, just to prove a point. Germany needs to stop confusing success with luck.

3. TILT2

TILT2

Because Germany knows that the trend of the market is predetermined and no matter what you do, you can't change the the predetermined fate. Even if the ECB said it would help sovereignty yesterday and Germany would be willing to help too, the market would still fall, it's just a matter of time. Because the market ingnores any information, it just goes the trend it is predermined to go. It has no ears, no emotion, no feeling at all. My understanding is that it has its own rule of going and it is controlled by an invisible hand.

4. zhaoyun

zhaoyun

I think those who have done that may leave to regret it later. It is crazy, they should just bite the bullet and default.

5. They could intervene. Look at what the Swiss did a while back. They certainly have the firepower

6. For the same reason Virginians and Carolinians did.

7. A1. Because they'd rather be a small part of a bigger whole than a big part of nothing...

A2. Becuase they don't trust their own national political classes enough to believe they will ever do the "right thing", and they admire Germany's success and discipline.

A3. Because national politics is all about fighting and re-fighting unproductive issues that strangle economic and national progress.

A4.... etc etc

Read "The Commanding Heights" by Daniel Yergin ... in the end, economic stability and progress trumps all other considerations...

8. Sort of forced to eventually, as a result of excessive debt.

US will join them when we become part of the One World Government.

9. Can't wait. I've been practicing my stiff-leg walk for a while now.

10. sheda

sheda

They do not - count the EU county's given referendums...

#10     Dec 9, 2011