Why do ET's Gurus Get Mad When You Ask For Proof?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MandelbrotSet, Feb 6, 2009.

1. I know what you mean, but most people don't comprehend the value of 3rd party verification, be it on collective2, futurestruth, timertrac, or any other website.

Don't ever believe someone's website where they only show you a backtest. It's fine to observe a program that they claim to have written as long as it is verified by a disinterested, 3rd party. The real fraud of Madoff was the fact that he had the Greenwich Connecticut piece of junk saying these were his real returns.

<i>But wait! Doesn't that mean I can trick a third party, too?</i>

No, it doesn't, and here is why.

Madoff was a pioneer of the NASDAQ trading platform. This gave him inside information with the ability to manipulate time stamps. What happened was that Madoff could forge his statements, but the greenwich place would actually verify through several third party time and sales windows that these trades took place, when, in fact, they actually didn't. Basically, Madoff will be the only person in the world to do this.

That means we must wait for an independent, third party to validate the results of any and all system attempting to gain credence on the internet in particular. The real way a hedge fund goes about picking their traders is to request P&L statements of their actual accounts. Since we're not going to provide statements out here on the internet, the last place to verify is with third parties that track real-time recommendations.

OK, mandy, does this answer your question? A guru with something to hide might get upset, but one like myself and those at collective2 aren't hiding anything, and any other third party source.

#11     Feb 6, 2009
  2. Sushi

Sushi

Good points. Profligic doesn't post on collectiv2 or any 3rd party site. Yet his minions still believe like the xfiles. They want to believe

Why doesn't he want to verify his claims? We can only guess

#12     Feb 6, 2009
  3. Because they just can't prove it and they know it.

#13     Feb 6, 2009
  4. Yes.

I've learned to question them and take issue with their systems when they refuse to proffer prof (the Jack Hersey Followers are far more pervasive on the site than the little Prof Logic Clan).
    Interestingly, [failed] Jack Hershey minions like yourself can't help but follow me from thread to thread, posting volumes of information which is designed to refute the refuter.

LOL, I never knew these kool-aid drinkers had such a Love Jones for the Gurus. :p

#14     Feb 6, 2009
  5. That is an excellent explanation, thank you.

And by now all of us fanboys know what Madoff did, and how. Which makes it more important than ever to question the so-called Gurus who huff-and-puff when it's time to produce the proof, because we know they can't. :)

#15     Feb 6, 2009
  6. Exactly!

Then why continue the myth?

a) They have something to sell? :D

b) They're EGO's won't allow for any naysayers? :p

c) All of the above? :eek:

#16     Feb 6, 2009
  7. Love Jones? Take a look at who started this thread (hint, it wasn't me) :cool:

Your first response tells all one needs to know about you. You want your way and, if you don't get it, you obsess and harass people in hopes you eventually do. Just like you started this thread expecting everyone to agree with you and when someone doesn't you can't remain civil and just start spouting lies (like me trading or did trade the Hershey approach) in order to somehow bolster your credibility.

Just so you know, when someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are on the complete opposite side of you. My role of "refute the refuter" comes from the fact that you cannot see the other side of the coin and I'm just trying to enlighten you. You only see the world through your own eyes but that doesn't mean you are seeing cleary all the time :)

#17     Feb 6, 2009
  8. I'll tell you why. I am a demi- or hemi-guru here. I scalp NQ profitably with one contract, trading a tiny fraction of my liquid net worth. Every time I posted a $50 trade ET heaped unbearable ridicule on me. The egos of gurus are fragile! So I will never proofer proff again!

#18     Feb 6, 2009
  9. LMAO, you follow me around like a puppy dog defening your Guru Trading Master, yep, I'd call that a Love Jones. :p

The fact you are posting on my thread tells us all we need to know about you. The fact that you morons see the request for proof as harrassment (LOL) shows how weak you really are ... hey folks, next time you buy a house, don't ask for proof that it is safe and sound. And that next car purchase? - take it on their say-so that the car is good and that the brakes work. The fact of the matter is, these Gurus don't have any credibility ... and after refusing to trade against me or compare blotters with me, neither do you, Tool Boy.

The fact that you insist on following me from thread-to-thread takes this way beyond the stalking level ... nah, I'd say you're downright infatuated with Hershey (don't know why, you've already told me via PM's that you couldn't make it work). As far as "englightening" me is concerned, the only light is see is the one in your star-struck eyes, LMAO. :D

More posts from the peanut gallery please. :p

#19     Feb 6, 2009
  10. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153024&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

My very first post on this thread said I AGREE 100% with you IF the guru was asking for money, either from selling a system or for personal teaching lessons or any other form similar to those.

The fact that you get overly upset when you don't get the proof you desire from someone who isn't asking you to open your wallet says a lot about who you are.

#20     Feb 6, 2009