Why do conservatives belieave the earth is 8K years old and global warming is false?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jem

jem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_tax

all you have to know is this - karl marx was in favor of them

wiki does a great run down of the counter argument lead by guys with austrian names.

What gets me is the disincentive to work harder among the people whose hard words seems most valuable.

We all saw what happened to England and Europe in the 70s and 80s. with their progressive rates.

They created brain drain and a stagnant economy.

#51     Jun 7, 2007
  2. minmike

minmike

First of all our health care is not a free market. Patents introduce artificial barriers to entry, creating monopolies that drive up prices.

( I understand there is a point for patents. Not arguing that, but that doesn't change that they create an inefficient market.)

Both sides have tons of contradictions. If you are pointing out a contradiction within the other party and you hold the opposite of there views, that makes your views just as contradictory.

#52     Jun 7, 2007
  3. Very logical thinking, as usual.

Karl Marx was also in favor of free trade. Do you have to know that too?

Why not use Japan as an example. They too have had a progressive rate for a long time (since after WWII). They too created brain drain and a stagnant economy, didn't they?

How about Europe in the 90s and 2000s. Did they remove the progressive rates? Hell no. Are they still creating brain drain and a stagnant economy? You tell me.

BTW, I don't know if you're the same conservatives who admired the Iron Lady. But your mention of England in the 80s is a pretty good slap in the face of her economic policies.

#53     Jun 7, 2007
  4. jem

jem

I wonder if have any idea of what you just cited.

Why don't explain to me how Japan's progressive taxation system has helped contribute to their stagnant economy.

I will help you - they are currently trying to become more regressive because they realized that instead of investors they have turned their country into a nation savers.

It is not worth it to them to take the risk. As they make more money - more of the money gets taxed.

This is exactly what Europe was suffering from as well. And yes some countries in Europe reduced the rates on the high end and that is part of the reason the are growing.

You make this too easy for me.

#54     Jun 7, 2007
  5. Look all you lefties trying to defend government programs seem to completely miss the point, the government is not a business per se, they do not have to be profitable in order to keep on running, the free market would have eliminated the government a long time ago if they did.

This is why my dollars are a complete waste, i spend dollars on tax so that government bureaucrats can make 6 figure incomes doing absolutely jackshit.

Anyone who has ever had a government job or knows the innerworkings of any government program can attest to this 100% , its a bunch of POS union pinkos, all standing around doing nothing with their fingers up their asses and their EDO'S

WHAT THE FUCK IS AN EARNED DAY OFF ANYWAYS??? Any normal human being doesnt go to work they dont get paid PERIOD, you work for the government and they give you time off just for doing their jobs.

There is absolutely zero accountability with government programs, and that is why you have 1 pinko who monitors the next pinko who monitors the next pinko, by the end of the chain or bureaucracy im pretty sure they dont even know whose monitoring who anymore, just happy to be at home on an edo leeching on my tax dollars.

If you privatized every single government operation there would no longer be a complete reckless disregard for spending, and id be free to enjoy more of my money i earn, instead of paying some jackasses fat pension.

Anyone who believes the most efficient way of creating an orderly society is by fucking away money to the government is retarded

btw im sure someone will come at me with BUSH's spending, he has not been a good representation of the right in any way shape or form. I am simply stating that the core belief that conservatives hold is correct, less government is better for society, PERIOD. Anyone who wants to argue that is a complete jackass.

#55     Jun 7, 2007
  6. Ok first off this is stupid on sooooo many levels, since when was there a JEWISH political party?? apparently now jews dont classify themselves as left or right wing.

Secondly this only adds to exactly what i am saying, i have no doubt that many of the richest people in america are liberals since they are all hypocrites anyways, why dont you take a look at 1 of their tax returns in order to see how many ways they found in order to dodge paying taxes. Actually nevermind, liberals are serving the fight for humanity im sure they paid every tax full out. ahahahaha

#56     Jun 7, 2007
  7. Bill Gates just made the top 3 of liberal hypocrites, and quite a list it is

At #1 We have Michael Moore the left wing hero for the working class, who is a multi millionaire from all of his poor me poor detroit stories

there is now a tie for #2 between Al Gore and his fight for energy conservation while he uses 8 times what the average american uses, and Bill Gates the left wing monopoly owner, LOL what a joke!

#57     Jun 7, 2007
  8. If you don't think Bush represents the "conservative" small government ideology, give me an example that does.

Try to remove the government from your life and see if your company can survive.

#58     Jun 7, 2007
  9. It seems that lack of good manners is a common strait among the conservatives here. Where did you guys all get your education? Read the context of discussion before ridiculing the posts. The Jews were separated out because in his "rule," jem took exception of the Jews.

You're just rude.

#59     Jun 7, 2007
  10. jem

jem

that was my "exception" it was made in response to some poster saying conservatives had lower IQs. I was pointing out that majority of smart successful people are conservative.

#60     Jun 7, 2007