Why do billionaires want to make more money?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I don't get it.

Isn't it kind of sad in a way as well?

You own more money than you will ever be able to spend.... Yet you feel it is not enough so you want more.

I bet at times they'd wish to be more like Joe 6pack.

2. 9999

Don't let me go Gordon on you...

3. Daal

Daal

You might consider that they actually enjoy to do their work

4. Yes, at some point, it's for the game. And they keep putting their guts in it.

Strange indeed for "normal" people like us...

5. Nobody says no to money. The more the better.

6. I don't agree. At some level, money is a concept, an abstract number.

It's not like they're actually thinking of using it. It's just their business cards

7. Banjo

Banjo

It's about the game, money's just the way you keep score. The game becomes the art form of their lives. If you don't understand it you'll never have to worry about it.

8. Don't under estimate greed and the lust for power. The more money they have, the more people they can control, and these guys are nothing if they aren't control freaks.
    No need to envy them, everyone dies in the end. Nobody knows that more than they do, which is why they end up giving so much away in an attempt to buy some forgivness for all the lives they destroyed while making their money.

9. First it's about the money, then power. Imo, when the thrill of money and power is gone, you give it away.

I might add though, with money, there is much jealously among the wealthy. You have inherited wealth, earned wealth, old money new money, social responsble money, money made with vice industry, ethnic money, you name it, there's someone bitching about your money.

These people are nuts and if you think when you hit the lottery and move to the upper east side you'll gain acceptance, fugheadoudtit.

So the quest goes on for more money to gain acceptance, then power, so people will respect your money and who you are.

10. I think money is a measure of success in the modern world.

#10     Oct 4, 2010