Why do America's police need an armored tank?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Mar 5, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

All I can say is some cops would have unfortunate house fires! This is PRECISELY why people hate cops, question authority, and a imo need to take back the US by force, starting all over!

And over pot? Omg!!!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!!!!

#41     Mar 6, 2011
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

If that were me, I'd have pulled over and said I'm taking my dog to the hospital. Follow me if you want and I'll sign my ticket AFTER my dog is in the ER."

And yes, that shitbag cop should be fired! What's wrong with this Country?!?!?

#42     Mar 7, 2011
  3. Comparing the USA and the UK in terms of firearms law is somewhat pointless as we never had anything like the liberal US gun laws to start with. You are very wrong on the "single shot shotgun" myth, you can with certification own large bore (above .22) repeating rifles, .22 semi auto, long barelled full bore repeating pistols, single shot pistols and repeating shotguns (mag restrictions apply). Silenced rifles are legal in all bores and no petty sales tax on a silencer, .50 rifles are still on sale but few ranges will allow them.

#43     Mar 7, 2011

4. Holy crap, they're breeding them now?!?

#44     Mar 7, 2011
  5. Plus now cops have a new toy to play with and something else to get "certified" on which means of course more money for the cops.

Put the fuckers on a horse like in the old days.

#45     Mar 7, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

As we know, there is a big push on in this country to try and take away the money that people have rightfully earned. Since the rich have earned unprecendented money in the past few decades, apparently at the expense of the middle and lower classes, it stands to reason that it's going to take unprecendented weaponry to defend that money.

; )

#46     Mar 7, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I was offered a job in 06 in Scotland. I researched the gun laws back then, and more than 95% of the guns I own were illegal to bring there. In addition, I collect knives, and the few old Italian Stiletto's I own are also STRICTLY prohibited, AND enforced there. Couldn't believe it. An Italian Stiletto is basically a letter opener as they're WEAK but pretty to look at, which is why Hollywood uses them to "kill" a bad/good guy... As a prior combat Marine, I can attest that a switchblade would be the LAST thing I would want to carry when my life is on the line! A large K-Bar straight knife, different story... Long story short, the UK has gun laws that WOULD keep me from living there. Love to visit, but live there no.

I'm a no nonsense guy who feels if you go out with a machine gun, and kill people as you rob a bank, you will get the death penalty if convicted, and exected within one year of conviction.

People should be free to own what they want, and even smoke drugs (if they're dumb enough to smoke drugs!) If you screw up and hurt someone with a machinegun, or driving while doing drugs, the penalty should be swift, and strong just like it was a little over a century ago here. The government was NOT put in place in America to do what it is doing today, and we the people are the MAJORITY, not the government.

To take a Citizen from free to a loyal subject, you must first limit the "weapons" they can own. Next, you take what's left, and the rest is history...

If you don't mind, research the Scotland gun laws, and post them here dragons teeth.

#47     Mar 7, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol! Yes!

In all seriousness, the "parents" of the younger cops today got together and screwed. That's about it. The problem is the "parents" were never really parents... We see the results now.:(

#48     Mar 7, 2011
  9. The trouble is we have been loyal subjects since time in memorial and throughout history ordinary folk have had restrictions on weapon ownership such long bow, sword and pike bans in medieval times. Scottish gun laws are the same as the firearm laws of England and Wales I had a link to them somewhere will post if found. Knife laws are a funny one as I can buy and own everything anyone in the US can buy (except switchblades) but there are some restrictions on carry and type that can be carried in a public place though this is now often interpratated as "without good reason".

#49     Mar 7, 2011
  10. Wtf?

#50     Mar 7, 2011