Why do 5% of Traders Win?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oldtime, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I'm beginning to think your behavior is intended to test the psychology of the people around you. This post, however, almost makes sense.

Again, how do you know this high probability setup will persist into the future?

#31     Feb 18, 2012
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Because human nature doesn't change.:)

#32     Feb 18, 2012
  3. Interesting. So an indicator helps you size up the odds?

#33     Feb 18, 2012
  4. This is a repeating theme in the various winning traders I've read about.

In other words "fade human nature"......... ?

#34     Feb 18, 2012
  5. what makes you think I know how you trade? I'm not that deep, even shallower than most, but even I can figure out how the deal works. Like I said, if you trade like the 95% of proverbial traders trade I can tell you what your future will be.

The key word is 'if". You'd be surprised how often it comes up when people are talking about what they know.

Most of life has passed me by due to nothing more than a simple lack of observation. They didn't teach us how to observe, but at least before the Department of Education was invented they taught us how to read.

#35     Feb 18, 2012
  6. I was kidding. damn it.

trading has nothing to do with luck.

#36     Feb 18, 2012
  7. well, I am not. I will never win the lottery because the powerball ticket just doubled from $1 to $2 and that is just too much to pay to win a measely 35 million, but if I had won it, I would set up a foundation to study luck. Luck is the name we give to math we don't understand.

#37     Feb 18, 2012
  8. Does it get lonely at the top? Taking all that money from suckerz, with your winning setup, based on taking the other side of human nature's fear driven trade, even if you have to sit in your handz and suffer drawdowns?

:D

#38     Feb 18, 2012
  9. the top aint so bad, but it sure as shit gets lonely at the bottom

#39     Feb 18, 2012
  10. Yes, but you got to ride the coat tail of the biggest trader of all time, Mr Bernanke. Loads of excitement, but oh what a stink!!

#40     Feb 18, 2012