Why do 5% of Traders Win?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oldtime, Feb 18, 2012.

1. ammo

ammo

i would bet that 95% of those 5% rarely trade just sit and wait for setups

#21     Feb 18, 2012
  2. ok, so that's rule 2. Sit on your hands and wait for an opportunity to pounce

#22     Feb 18, 2012
  3. y would she spread 3 times a noight for boys?

#23     Feb 18, 2012
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Successful traders have:

Adequate capital
    A trading plan
    The discipline to follow the plan
    They accept that they don’t know what will happen.

#24     Feb 18, 2012
  5. I don't know, you got me on that one. You are the expert and I am just here to learn. The only thing I can think of (and I know I am probably wrong) is, boys pay more than girls?

otherwise, yes, just run many sytems, hopefully one of them will work. The more the better. Long term short term, trend continuation, trend reversal. Fade and pile on.

Like the man said, a system is just to shelter you from making any decision you are too scared too make.

#25     Feb 18, 2012
  6. so, start with a million dollars, buy on Monday and sell on Friday and stick with it even though I don't know what the hell is going to happen and that will make me successful?

#26     Feb 18, 2012
  7. It is more to do with psychology and mindset, boys are more aggressive and girls are more introvert.

and Baron is caught in between, it could be a puff, or les dawson or he is not sure which one of the two.

#27     Feb 18, 2012
  8. deaddog

deaddog

If that’s your plan go for it. You might want to control your risk, and add a money management component to your plan. Let us know how thing work out.

#28     Feb 18, 2012
  9. "Why do 5% of Traders Win?"

Randomness put them on that end of the curve because they were really lucky:) jk

#29     Feb 18, 2012
  10. How do you know how I trade?

#30     Feb 18, 2012