Why do 5% of Traders Win?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oldtime, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Stochastik tells me the future in odds.

We fucking smart guys only think in %.

Percentage, odds, chance, probabilities......................
    STATISTICS

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#11     Feb 18, 2012
  2. your English is getting pretty good. I should learn a foriegn language. How do you say "fuck" in German. At least that would be a start for me.

#12     Feb 18, 2012
  3. You don't have to know the future to make money , you don't know how long the trend will go , when trend will fail.

At entry you may get a gut feeling or feel for the odds in your favour, but you certainly don't know how near or far it will go.

Over the course of time the same high probability set ups may give you the profits.There is random distribution of profits and losses.If you trade a good proven system , it will work , but not neccesirily when you expect.

#13     Feb 18, 2012
  4. sometimes you have to give up on it and throw in the towel and take your loss at the depth of drawdown to get it to start working again

#14     Feb 18, 2012
  5. The difference between losers and winners is :

losers run one system or one or two set ups and systems.

winners run multiple systems and set ups.

So if one or few systems/set ups don't work ,it don't matter .....as long as others make money.

Their drawers are coming off faster than a whore's , and they are willing to change sides and join the winning side faster than a whore's drawers can come off.

Whores don't ged drawdowns ,they give them.

Ged It .

#15     Feb 18, 2012
  6. 5% got lucky.

#16     Feb 18, 2012
  7. yeah, or you can just spread, that way something will probably always be winning

although I've seen both sides go wrong, man is that a sad sight

#17     Feb 18, 2012
  8. good point, almost every week someone wins a lottery somewhere

I am a big beleiver in luck. I believe it is a power which can temporarily be harnessed, and a good system is just like a trap which attempts to capture it when it makes a mistake.

#18     Feb 18, 2012
  9. Spread: it is a zero sum game

Whore spreads her legs , she get paid every noight

#19     Feb 18, 2012
  10. hey man, you were the one who said to run several systems, how is that any different than spreading?

#20     Feb 18, 2012