Why Didnt Russia-georgia Battles Have Any Market Impact Today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Aug 9, 2008.

1. GTG

GTG

I think you nailed it there. This isn't just an attack on Georgia. This is Russia's attempt to get control over another avenue through which energy gets into the rest of Europe.

#21     Aug 9, 2008
  2. Because no big shot was there to sell on friday. The volume was dispicable. We will see when the pigs return on monday.

#22     Aug 9, 2008
  3. lol

#23     Aug 9, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

We agree on something. Just because all the politicians are still complaining about it and the news media tells you its so doesnt mean it is.

#24     Aug 9, 2008

5. i saw Russia invaded Georgia and i was shitting my pants becuase i was on business in Atlanta, i got the first flight out of there

#25     Aug 9, 2008
  6. me two, I got out of Atl right before the tanks came through downtown.

#26     Aug 9, 2008
  7. pegasys1

pegasys1

Look at a weekly chart of EUR/USD, whats the big trend?, up. I Only trade in the long term direction, which for the dollar I think is down. Right now I am short carry trades, cause they represent risk, and I think thinks are much riskier than people realize.

Recently I have been doing well of off Eur/Jpy shorts, and have not been long EUR/USD since 1.55.

The fed just prints and prints, no good. I'm shorting the stock market on rallies.
    It has worked well so far :)

#27     Aug 10, 2008
  8. I would love to see people in Atlanta react to reading first page news that Russia has begun an invasion of Georgia.

#28     Aug 10, 2008
  9. pegasys1

pegasys1

hahahah

#29     Aug 10, 2008
  10. (posted 8-9-08)

Why Didnt Russia-georgia Battles Have Any Market Impact Today?

It did!

#30     Aug 10, 2008