Why didn't my options order get filled ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by JohnBartle, May 12, 2022.

1. easymon1

easymon1

No you won't.

#61     May 13, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Try it with real money, and you will see how.

#62     May 14, 2022
  3. Yeah, pretty soon everyone will figure out this is performance art, and posting fake trades wont have the desired effect

#63     May 14, 2022

4. YOU'VE turned it into performance art. I told the simple truth. I said the sun is bright and 2+2=4. I assume you use about 4 or 5 clues to predict a trade ? I use over 40 at all times. I cycle through my list probably a thousand times a day even after a pretend trade is initiated. I'm never married to an idea: if I see different data I happily change my mind after a trade starts. HOWEVER, my trades almost always at least go in the expected direction even if I'm "wrong" about everything else. I use a bunch of statistical likelihood phenomena and sure enough - freaking SPY, DJI, AAPL do what I predict. I usually wait until the last few seconds before I make definite decisions. As soon as I lose a good sense of likelihood - I sell. If I see a high likelihood - I buy or hold. If SPY enters a period of being very erratic and unpredictable (e.g. the last few minutes of the day) - I either just don't trade or I'll have very low tolerance for any sign of trouble.

I usually take trades where the stock is high likelihood of doing what I anticipate, low risk of moving against me, and high profitably potential. However, if I take anything less I will usually sell if SPY moves even 1 penny against me. Much like any good card counter would do, I invest less when there's less likelihood of success, and less profitability potential.

Simple as pie. I've been doing that for many years dude

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    #64     May 14, 2022
  5. cesfx

cesfx

John, if you problem is just executing those option trades, I could do it for you.
    No fee, just fun and curiosity for me.
    You give me whatever permissions are needed to operate on your account, and you keep doing your magic in paper/imaginary.

#65     May 14, 2022

6. I would freaking LOVE that. I have been utterly tormented by unbelievably profitable predictions but no action. I freaking destroyed my last 65" a couple months ago out of anger. I asked everyone in my family to trade with me that was quick witted, eager, mentally stable and not even one would sit down for five minutes to let me physically show them. No one cares. I got two nephews who tried to trade with me but they are seriously mentally unstable, and so that didn't last long.

Anyway, I've not been totally forthcoming. I've gotten much worse at trading the past 3 years. My lack of peace and clarity has gotten worse too. I've not been able to imagine the many competing scenarios and violently figure out the current most likely. That's the way I did for years. It was freaking exhausting to do. That gave me an unbelievable edge. Anyway, now I'm usually forced to take small trades and if everything continues to look good - I hold. Small trades will turn into big trades.

I currently have a hard time predicting hours into the future like I used to do every day. And with most trades I only have a few seconds to analyze and decide. If you're a professional trader then you'd think I'm an idiot working with me. I DEFINITELY used to trade better for years. Tbh, I assumed any trade I could predict - professionals easily could predict?

#66     May 14, 2022
  7. cesfx

cesfx

I am not a professional and won't judge, unless I sense some reckless stupidity or scamming action.
    You don't seem to be selling anything and seem comfortable with taking some losses.

Anyway, I think we all had moments in which we predict what seem to be obvious to us, but do not hit the button, or hold the trade enough. That also contributes to the difference between success and failure.

You mentioned that you are running out of time too. If that is the case, it's only money... Go for it and have fun doing it!

#67     May 14, 2022

8. You sound cool. I'm VERY interested in having a reasonable trading partner to trade my predictions. I'm very embarrassed of how you might view my current trading style. Again, I used to trade MUCH better. So, how long will your offer be available ?

I'm going for it. I ACTUALLY clicked "buy" and placed my order a couple days ago. Would have made $16,000 if I got filled or over $68,500 if I had reinstated my margin account.

I'm TERRIFIED of losing any money at all. It's a strong phobia. But, deciding between small but less risky investments and big but more risky investments is about impossible for me. If I just made one stupid big trade that problem would be solved.

I currently miss most trades, even though all indications are solid green, because I can't analyze quickly enough or I EASILY get distracted or too afraid. I NEVER get in late ! I need total focus nonstop to do what I do.

#68     May 14, 2022
  9. cesfx

cesfx

I have no problem in helping pushing a button, if that is all is needed and if it can work.
    I am not always in front of the screen, as my main occupation is to run a small business.
    My trading style is positional and swing on stocks, future and options. I rarely do day trading, but my trading has nothing to do with it.
    You can write me in private if you like, and eventually you would let me know your criteria, as right or wrong, with my money, I would have executed the .30 trade at .31 after a few seconds of wait without a fill.

#69     May 14, 2022
  10. taowave

taowave

Your slipping :)

#70     May 14, 2022