Why didnt Favre win the MVP?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steelers Baby, Jan 14, 2010.

1. You bled purple from the moment of birth because of those Superbowl losses and the pain of never quite making it all the way! :D :D :D

Sorry AMT4SWA, born and raised in Wisconsin, and just had to throw that in after 2 Viking beat downs on the Pack this year.:D
    Spent 4 years at the U of M, and lived there for a year after school, and had some of the best times on Pack/Viqueen wekends.
    Even married one of your kind. Fortunately I have converted her to the Pack.
    Take care

#11     Jan 15, 2010
  2. I had Peyton first, Brees second, Favre third, Rivers (punk) 4th and Johnson 5th.

First and foremost I think the MVP went to Manning because they had a 16-0 team until Bill Polian screwed his players, especially Peyton. I was waiting for him to snap during the Jets game when he was stalking the sidelines. Add to that all the comeback wins, especially the one against the Patriots when he forced Belichick into doing something that cost him the game just because he didn't want to give the ball back to Manning. How bad are the Colts without Manning? Well if Painter is any indication, they're 5-11 or worse without him. And about the stats, he only played 14 1/2 games this year, and was pulled a little early in some of those. It's like his '05 season. He played 15 games, was pulled in the 4th several times and still he threw 49 TD passes. Brady played all 16 games in '07 with a coach who liked to run up the score and threw 50.

I think there were a few strikes against Favre for arguing with his coach during a game and getting thrashed by the Cardinals and Panthers. I can't put Chris Johnson any higher since his team was 0-6 while he played every game and was perfectly healthy, and they missed the postseason with a 8-8 record.

#12     Jan 15, 2010
  3. Well deserved because Peyton starting 14-0 and having seven comeback wins ! :D

#13     Jan 15, 2010
  4. haha oh please. he's not doing it for the love of the game, he's doing it because he's an egomaniac who wants to prove to GB management that he isn't washed up. it is far more about an i-told-you-so vendetta than "love of the game".

do you think it was a coincidence he went to a division rival that was already playoff caliber?

#14     Jan 15, 2010
  5. So you think he should have tried to be the starting QB on Tampa Bay or Buffalo or some other shit team rather than play for a team who NEEDED a QB and who was capable of winning it all??

Do you even realize that the offensive scheme in MINN is the exact same scheme he had for all his yrs in GB. A perfect plug and play if you ask me. No need to learn a whole new playbook. Also, a team who plays 8 games INDOORS in perfect weather...hmmmm....pretty perfect setup for an older player. Oh, and a team that has a top 2 running back in all the NFL!

Playing for MINN was a perfect choice for him, playing GB twice a yr is the gravy.

#15     Jan 15, 2010
  6. and clearly GB did the right thing too, because Aaron Rodgers is looking like the next big thing at QB. His stats are incredible!

#16     Jan 15, 2010
  7. iF THERE IS ANY LINGERING DOUBT,

Yesterday is why Peyton is MVP

for the fourth time :cool:

#17     Jan 17, 2010
  8. Peyton Manning 246 YDS 2 TD's and 1 Interception

Brett Favre 234 YDS 4 TD's 0 Interceptions

You are right there is still no doubt in my mind who should be the MVP. Enjoy this week while it last next week Peyton and the Colts are gonna go down to the chargers.

#18     Jan 17, 2010
  9. Manning received 37 1/2 of a possible 50 votes, with Saints QB Drew Brees finishing a distant second at 7 1/2. San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers picked up two votes, with Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre claiming one.
    ONE!
    your an idiot :D

#19     Jan 17, 2010